Chapter 2

"My voice is completely gone" I manage to say as Alex starts laughing.

Alex and I just finished rapping and singing Lonzo Balls whole album 'born to ball'.

"See the woman that was giving us dirty looks at the traffic lights we just past ?"

"Don't mind her, you can totally tell she got cheated on did you see her tears ?"

"You could totally tell her mascara was so cheap" we burst out laughing.

"Primark's  finest !" I say between laughs.

"You girls are too much, instead of talking about strategies for tonight's final, youse are busy gossiping about a woman you don't know about" Alex's mom steps in the conversation.

"Cmon Heather, you could totally tell her husband left her, I mean wouldn't you notice signs from experience ?"

"Karis ?!" Alex looks at me with bulging eyes.

"You cannot be serious, I'm being genuine" I tried my everything to hold in my laugh.

As you can tell I am dreadful with adults.

Town Centre Sports Hall | 9:00

'The opposition is supposed to be killer' Tay says as we're warming up.

'And So are we Tay, trust me whatever team it is we can take it, they call us tigers for a reason' I wink at her.

We begin passing and defending drills as the opposition shows up.
Tay was right they do look killer.

"Oh my gosh Karis watch out !!" I hear Tay scream at me , and I quickly dodge the basketball that was aiming right for my face.

" Karis staring at the other team is not gonna make you any better, and it's certainly not gonna help us win this final" My coach Shaun comes over to check if I'm ok.

" What's the name of that team anyway ?"

"Como Park"

"Como Park? Where are they from" I get distracted.

"You don't need to worry about that, now cmon let's get prepared for this game".

****

After a good 20 minuets of warning up, the team was set to kick but in this final.

The hall was full, loads of people came to watch our game.

I was popping on my Jordan's as I see Taylor, my mom , Ceaser my stepdad and Layla walk in  and I just roll my eyes.

I can get pissed off at them after the game.

"Ok guys a good clean game, you guys have worked way to  hard to not win this, so let's go out put on a good show for the fans alright !!" I smile around at my team.

This is what we've been working for all year, and I'm ready to bring our title home.

"OK EVERYONE TIGERS ON THREE ONE TWO THREE TIGERS !!"

I was in the starting lineup and I was going in for the tip off.

***

We were up 5 at halftime , but this team was difficult as in very difficult. I already had 3 fouls , 3 more and I'm out.

Coach was talking about how we can change up our stats and such and it was already hard to listen cause of the crowd.

"Yay Kawiss !" Layla kept tapping me since they got seats next to our sort of team area.

"Kawis winnn !!"

"Can you get her to shut up I'm trying to listen !" I snap at my sister as she was the one holding her.

My mom wasn't even paying attention to the game she was to busy starting at ceasers dick, Typical.

***

The game was tied with 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

"BUZZER BEATER !!" The crowd chanted.

My specialty was getting in the last shot with a three pointer right when the buzzer hits.

Tay brought up the ball passed it to Alex at half court and Alex found me and passed me the ball.

I dribbled the ball with the top 6 foot girls right in front on me either there hands up.

I looked up at the clock , 4.3 seconds left.

"BUZZER BEATER !" The crowd wanted it.

I dribbled, stepped back quiet far from the 3 point line, 2 seconds .

I went for it.

And in it went !

I was attacked by my teammates, the crowd went wild.
The wanted a buzzer beater and I gave it to gave it to them.

And we're the bloody 2018 HSBA ( High school basketball association ) CHAMPIONS!!!!

***
The team got hats shirts and a banner with HSBA written on it and of course the trophy.

The feeling could not be better.

Everyone started to leave  I said bye to my teammates as I packed my bags , ready to head out.

"Not bad not bad" I turn around to a guy.

"You mean amazing" I correct him.

"I mean you've got game but you could work on it"

"What are you trying to say ?" I raise an eyebrow.

"That you just need a little work and you'll be even better for next season, maybe even help your team get a back to back championship" he lightly dribbled a basketball he had In his hand.

"Who are you telling me this ?"

"Lamelo ball, I play for the LA Ballers in the JBA League" he says confidently.

"Your Tay's Cousin right ?"

"The famous one" he winks.

"Wowww such and honour to meet you" I say sarcastically , I put my bag on my back .

"Cute that you came to support your cousin"

"Well of course but I've heard a lot about you, wanted to see how you ball"

"Well there you go"

"We should try , play like one on on-"

"Karis come on let's go !" I see my mam call me.

"Look I gotta go, and with no sarcasm it was actually nice meeting you" I smile as I walk away.

"Will I see you around ?"

"I dunno Melo maybe" I laugh.

"I thought you didn't know me?"

"You thought wrong babe !"