Chapter 7 - Small Talk ?

"The Los Angeles Lakers Select..... Lonzo Ball"

"Wooooo !!!!" We all cheer at the table and Lonzo grabs his lakers hat and walks up to the stage.

Well you could say tonight was successful, both boys got drafted for the same team and are going to be in LA which was amazing so everyone was happy.

"Hey Karis !" I turn around to Lavar calling me.

"Hey Lavar whats uppp" my speech slows down as Lamelo walks up beside him.

"The idea I was telling you about earlier is perfect, Melo agreed and decided since he's in the area that he can help"

I look to see Lamelo's facial expression and you can tell he was forced to do this.

Part of me a very small part wishes he kind of wanted to help.
You'd think he'd want to know how I was after a while.

2 years to be exact.
That's if he still remembers me.

"Well I'm going to leave you guys here make small talk and plan everything for tomorrow ok ? I'm gonna go congratulate ma boy" he heads over to Lonzo.

"You know I'm actually kinda excit-"

"Look Karis I don't mean to sound rude but just because I'm Lamelo Ball doesn't mean everyone can be as good as me ok ?" He cuts me off.

"Em excuse me ?"

"What you think I don't remember you from like ages ago ? I went to your game yesterday and I can tell you've been struggling" he says.

"What on earth are you talking about ?" I fold my arms.

"I mean only like what 30 something points, not as manny assists as I thought you would get and als-"

"So what you just came to my game to criticise me ?"

"Nope you just happen to be playing against the team that my girlfriend is on"

"Oh so your a ladies man now ?" I raise my brow.

"Always have and always will be" he winks.

"Your point is ?" I roll my eyes.

"That I'm not gonna help you helooooo"

"Ok whatever that's fine, I didn't want you to help me anyway "

"Your lying I can tell"

"You don't even know me so how dare you even say that ?" I give him dirty looks .

"Oh I don't even know you ?" He laughs at me.

"So look me in the eye and tell me you weren't into me them few years back ?" He steps towards me.

I just look away from him.

"That's exactly what I thought" he smirks.

"Now if you'll excuse me, my baby is on her way to the after party so I wanna get there before she does" he walks away.

"What a fucking dick" I say under my breath.

*****

The after party was in Tay's house to celebrate the draft for the boys and don't get me wrong it was great.

But it was also shit.
Why ?

Because I had to sit on a bloody couch and watch Lamelo Ball Be all lovely dovey with his new bird who was my rival.

What more could you want ?

"Everyone head into the kitchen for the speeches !" Some guy yells.

I just sat there waiting for the room to clear so I could head out, I didn't really want to be squished in the door no thank you, so I might aswell Wait.

All I want is to leave.