Chapter 34

The next week proved that I was correct about things being in a stand still. Not matter what was said in the meeting room, nothing changed and every day the three men came back to the house angry.

I continued to avoid having a talk with Ronald, even though I knew it would soon be harder to avoid since he was coming around more. I had no idea what him and Ben were talking about, but every time I passed Ronald in the hall I could not avoid the looks that he was giving me.

I was seated in front of the fire reading pamphlets that were being released around the colonies to promote the war. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt the couch dip as someone sat down. I looked and smiled at Sam who looked defeated. "What is wrong?" I put my reading aside.

"Nothing. That is what is wrong. Nothing is getting down, and it is the same arguments every day. I thought Ronald would be of some service, even though I do not like him, but they won't listen to him. It is probably that accent. They all know his from England, so why would they trust him?" Sam leaned into the couch and looked towards the ceiling.

I playfully sighed and shook my head. Sam lifted his head with a confused expression and looked over at me. I raised an eyebrow and Sam smiled. "What are you smirking about, Mary?"

I moved the pamphlets off the couch and onto the table. Swinging one of my legs of Sam's lap, I climbed on top of him. Sam quickly smiled and his hands went straight to my waist. I moved Sam's hair back and brought my lips to his. Sam's grip around my waist tightened and he removed my hair from the bun so that it fell in waves down my back.

Sam placed one last lingering kiss on my lips and pulled away slowly. He started to loosen the ties to my dress, his eyes not leaving my cleavage. I lifted his chin so he could look me in the eyes. I chuckled and brought my mouth to his ear. "You need to relax, Sam."

I started to place kisses down his neck and Sam threw his head back with a heavy sigh. I stood up and grabbed Sam's hand. He didn't ask where we were going and followed willingly. I pushed the door to my room open, and Sam was the one to quickly close it. I lead him to my bed where he sat down, and I retook my position on his lap.

Sam was watching me longingly and I could tell that he was dying to kiss me. I finished untying the back of my dress and let it slip off my shoulders. I took Sam's hands and placed them on my breasts. Sam laughed and pulled my under gown down to expose them.

"God," Sam mumbled as he squeezed my breast in his hands. I bit my lips as pleasure coursed through my body, but I remained quiet. Sam looked me in the eyes with a heavy look, and laid me down on my bed. "I am one lucky man."

Sam captured my lips between his and started to kiss me heavily. I opened my eyes when I felt his lips release me and watched as Sam took his shirt off. The rest of my clothing followed, and Sam's eyes roamed down my bare stomach. I watch him smile, and he placed a hand over the small bump that was forming.

I took his hand that was resting on my stomach and brought up it to my lips. Sam's eyes bore into mine and my heart skipped a beat. "I love you, Sam," I whispered.

Sam leaned down and kissed me lightly. "I love you as well. You are so beautiful laying here like this, and I am so in love with you that it is hurting."

I pressed Sam's bare chest to mine and kissed him passionately on his lips. "I am your's. Do what you would like."

Sam smiled and took his trousers off. He began to kiss me heavily before we spent the next hours together in a way we have only been once before.

I woke to my stomach rumbling from hunger, and felt around my small bed for Sam but he was not there. I sighed and got out of bed to put on the clothes I was wearing earlier. I opened my door and made it downstairs. I was instructed by one of the servants that the others were eating dinner in the dining room.