Chapter 8

" Why does everyone keep telling me that?!" You suddenly shouted, catching the attention of some of the younger kids walking past. Kaila was slightly taken aback by your outburst, but she was expecting it; she knew you would blow up sooner or later.
" Y/n, why can't you see how they feel for you? I thought you were a very observant person!" She replied with the same tone you used, and then you scrunched your face in confusion.
" Maybe they're really obvious about it when they aren't in front of me. Anyways, I'm gonna go ask one of them so I'll know the truth." You stated and before you turned around to look for them, Kaila tightly grabbed your wrist.
" That's a terrible idea! What're you gonna do when they tell you the truth? How will you choose between them? They're not telling you because they don't won't to ruin their friendship with you or each other!" She cried, hoping you would understand. You both stood still in silence, Kaila's expression was desperate but yours was unreadable. Slowly turning around to face her, you nodded your head in understanding and decided not to ask them. You didn't want broken friendships, you've already had too many in the past. Kaila reluctantly let go of you, afraid that you would immediately run off, but thankfully, you didn't. The school bell rang and you both said your goodbyes, but this time it was very straightforward and quick, unlike the energetic and happy ones you shared.

You silently entered your classroom, but then cringed when you saw Jungkook was the only other person in class. Looks like it's only the two of us who are early, you thought. He seemed to be focused on drawing something, but when he noticed you, he blushed a little and then gave you a small smile. You smiled back, and took your seat in front of him. Not wanting to make this an awkward silence, you decided to start a conversation.
" So... what're you drawing?" You asked, hoping to get an answer from him.
" I'm just sketching the scenery outside, that's all." He replied without even looking up at you. You got up from your seat to admire his art, and you were beyond impressed.
" Jungkook, these sketches are amazing." You exclaimed in awe as you stood beside him. This time, he turned around to face you, and you stared into each other's eyes for a moment; but then a loud and cheery voice disrupted the peaceful silence.
" Hey y/n! You're early today!" You heard Taehyung yell, with Jimin and Yoongi following close behind.
" Hey guys! How's it going?" You asked, shaking the thoughts of being alone with Jungkook out of our mind. Yoongi have you a thumbs up, and Jimin replied,
" We're doing great! It's very odd to see you and Jungkook here before us though." But this time, it was Jungkook who answered.
" Y/n and I took the bus together." He said with a smirk only his hyungs could see. They all fake smiled, which made him grin even wider in triumph. You were just standing there awkwardly, wondering what the hell was going on.
" Anyways, we all should take our seats. The other kids will come in soon." You reminded, raising your voice so they could hear you. They acknowledged your presence once again, and seemed to be a bit flustered for ignoring you. Jimin sat next to you and Taehyung sat next to Jungkook, but Yoongi sat on his table alone; but he seemed to be enjoying it. Eventually, the rest of the class, including Seokjin, Namjoon and Hoseok, entered along with Ms Sara.
" Good morning children! Today we'll be doing a partner project for science! She explained, and then the entire classroom broke out into loud whispers and murmurs, " But I will be choosing your partners, so you can't pick your best friends." And that's when everyone groaned. Talisa looked at you with sadness, because she was hoping to be with you; but half of the class also wanted to. You were too busy giving everyone fake looks of pity to notice Lauaa staring at you. Senethmi looked back at her, and then she turned away.

" Talisa and Kenneth, Senethmi and Aalam, Ivanka and Tiran, and the last one is... y/n and Namjoon !" Makes Sara called out, and everyone groaned in annoyance again, but you were glad. Namjoon gratefully smiled at you and you grinned happily. I'm sorry Kaila, but I think I want to ask Namjoon about his and the rest of the boys' feelings for me, you thought.