Chapter 11

-April 4, 2015-

"Miss Sophiea. You need to wake up. To be on time to school you need to catch the A train in 15 minuites. Traffic is light. Do you want me to continue?" A robotic voice said, and the girl shot to her feet, no longer fast asleep.

"No thank you, Jarvis." Her dress swooshed around her knees as she trudged down the stairs, into the kitchen, where all the avengers and the kids were. Steve was on breakfast rotation today, and the pancakes, eggs and bacon he had made looked delicious.

"Good morning. Sit down, I'll dish you up." he called to her. Sophiea plopped herself in her chair at the kitchen table.

Tony came around the granite island with a coffee in hand. "I'm headed down to the lab. If someone needs me, find someone else. I don't want to deal with anyone's crap today." He rubbed Sopheia hair as he passed her on his way to the elevator.

"Tony. Leave the kid alone." Steve said, looking up from the frying pan. "Sophiea, are you sure you want to go to school?"

She nodded looking at the food Steve placed in front of her. "I have to go. I've been gone for so long."

"Just call us if you need to come home, ok? Your mom and dad are in Asgard today, and Tony is," Steve let out a long sigh. "He's Tony. Tasha, Bruce, Clint and I are open to help. Also, Phil. He's your godfather, and he'd be more than willing to help you out."

"I know." Sophiea mumbled while eating her breakfast. "Will you grab my backpack?" Steve nodded and went to get her school stuff.

From her pocket, her phone began to buzz. She picked it up and answered, Nathanial's voice was a welcome sound. "Hey, what time are you going to head in today? You said 3 right? Well, I found some pretty big stuff, head in ASAP. The second your bell rings, get a taxi or something."

"Slow down. What's going on?"

"I think you want to be here in person for this. If it gets out to the public, it would be quite a scandal."

"Ok. I'll get there as soon as I can. See you later." She hung up.

"Who was that?" Steve inquired.

"Oh, just a friend from work. Did you grab my bag?" He nodded so she stood up, brushed herself off, and took her backpack. "I'm headed out. Love y'all."

Once outside, she took a deep breath and began walking to the subway station a couple blocks down.

As she stepped on to the platform, the train came. The whoosh of air made her dress flutter and her hair fly. She stepped onto the train, dreading school.

....

"Ok class, grab a partner, lay down on a mat and get ready for the sit-up test!" Sophiea's PE coach yelled at the class. It was only 2nd period and Sophiea was already exhausted.

"I should have listened to Steve and stayed home." She mumbled before standing up to talk to the coach.

MJ who slid over to be her partner, looked up in confusion. "What do you mean. Hey, where are you going?"

"I'm talking to coach, give me a minute."

As she approached his desk, he looked up. "What do you want, Barnes?"

"Coach. I got hurt and will be unable to participate today."

"Do you have a note?"

She looked around. "Um. No."

"Then you can't sit out. Go with your partner, I think Miss Jones is expecting you."

Sophiea trudged to where MJ was sitting down. "Do you want to go first or should I?"