Chapter 20

-April 10, 2015-

"Morning sunshine."

"Don't call me sunshine. And it's not morning." Sophiea mumbled, confused and disoriented. She opened her eyes to see Nat's blue ones looking back at her from the review mirror.

"Well, what do you want me to call you? Moonlight?" He chuckled from the driver's seat.

"Just don't call me sunshine." They sat in silence for a while, Sophiea felt tempted to fall back to sleep with the rocking of the car. Her head was pounding, but she tried to ignore it.

"How did I get here?"

"You passed out in class, this kid named Peter got onto your phone and called me, I came as soon as I heard. You have been out for about 15 minutes."

"Why did Peter call you? I haven't told them anything about you yet." Things were getting more and more confusing instead of getting cleared up.

"I called you before class, I was in your recently called people. He's a nice kid."

"Oh my gosh. Now you sound like Steve, please don't." She groaned. "You are supposed to be my boyfriend, not over protective father figure."

"What if I'm your over protective boyfriend? There, we get the best of both worlds."

"You are a dork."

"But you love me."

Sophiea laughed at his singsong voice. "I can neither confirm or deny that."

"Well then." He slid out of the car and opened her door for her. "We have to go in, I bet that we could miss all the press if we went right now."

"You know me so well." Hand in hand they walked to the doors, and then to the elevator. Once on the floor of the avenger home area, the couple crashed on the couch, turning on a movie while they waited for the rest of the family to come up.

"Well, well, well, look at what we have here." Tony called as the elevator opened again and the team filed out.

"Shut up." Sopheia yelled back, rolling her eyes in the process. "Let me be."

"Wait, wait, hold up!" Eve called and barreled past everyone. "I need a picture of this. Do not move one inch." She pointed her finger between the two. "I can't wait to show this picture to dad-" Sher grin quickly faded as she remembered he wasn't there. "Never mind."

"How was your day?" Nat asked, trying to distract her from the pain.

"It was good. Kassie texted me; said she missed me at school." She was less animated as she continued. "I'll send the picture to you. It's cute."

The older boy blushed, and hugged Sopheia tighter.

"Mom, look, Nat and his girlfriend!" Eve teased. Tasha came over to the couple. The group hadn't moved, they stared in confusion.

"I can see that darling." She smiled and gave a thumbs up to Sophiea and Nat. They smiled back and before she knew it, they were being interrogated by Avengers. Sophiea almost wanted to laugh at Nat as he slowly sunk back into the seat, fear showing on his face as the superheroes bombarded him with questions.

Sophiea was going to stop the older, over protective members of her family, but a thought came to her head. "Tony, I need to ask you something."

"Ok, shoot."

"Not here. Can we go to your lab?" The team looked at her in confusion.

"Sure, come on." They walked out of the room and took the elevator to Tony's lab. "So, sophiea. What do you need?"