Chapter 22

-May 3, 2016-

"Hey mom." Sophiea said as she did her makeup, seeing the figure of her mother behind her.

"Sophiea I would keep it down. Your team might think you are crazy if they hear you talking to me."

"Ah yes, Sophiea is talking to the spirt of her dead mother who shows up every once and a while, using her dad's magic which she inherited. Totally sane."

"Daughter."

"I know, I know; be quieter."

"I think you would like to know that currently on Asgard your uncle-Thor is trying enlist the help of your father to protect his ex-wife."

"And?"

"It's going just as well as you would imagine." The women laughed for a while. Before katia gasped, a thought coming back to her.

"You have new jewelry I think you should show me."

Sophiea smiled and pulled out the long gold chain from beneath her shirt that held her mom's wedding ring. "This?"

Tears welled in Katia's eyes. "You keep my ring on you?"

"Of course, I do. I want to keep you with me in any way I can. But I think you meant this." She held out her hand, displaying her engagement ring.

"He better be a good boy, or I'll haunt him from the afterlife."

"No worries mom. He's amazing. You'd love him."

"I'm sure I would, now you have to get going, it's late." Sophiea grabbed her bag and ran out her door to the living area.

Tony looked up from his coffee, sleepless. "Your makeup is a mess."

"Thanks. Did Steve make breakfast this morning?"

Wanda came out of her room. "No. He, Tasha, and Eve left last night. They are going back to their house."

"Right. Um, I'll be fine without breakfast. Love you all. I'll be gone for the next few days, so don't kill anyone while I'm gone."

She ran to the elevator and rushed down the street to where Ned was picking her up. She sprinted to the meeting spot just as her friends pulled up.

"Gosh Sophiea, what happened with eyeliner today?" Peter said from the backseat. He was sitting with MJ, so Sophiea slid in front next to Ned.

"I got a bit carried away." She pulled a mirror out of her bag and started to wipe the eyeliner off.

"Hurry, we're already running late. They wouldn't leave us behind, but I want to be on the good side of our team for the start. I don't want to be stuck on a bus with angry people for almost 4 hours."

MJ playfully hit her boyfriend. "Hey, never rush a lady's makeup. You might get a mascara wand to the eye."

Peter looked at Sopheia fearfully. "Would you spear me with your mascara?"

"Of course not! I would use my eyeshadow brush. It's much sharper."

"You scare me." Peter whispered as they pulled into the school parking lot and clambered out of the car.

The bus was in the bus loop and the academic decathlon team was waiting in front.

"Hey losers." MJ smirked. "Are we ready to go?" Everyone nodded and hopped on the yellow school bus.

....

"AWE YEAH!!" Peter screamed as they left the building where the decathlon was held later that evening. "That first round was OURS! We got this!"