Chapter 27

-July 11, 2016-

"Tony." Sophiea choked up. "Do I have to stay in here?" The cell was cold and lonely, she could see her team members leaning up against walls and the bare bed in each holding unit.

"Sophiea. You broke the law. This is what happens when you break the law. I can try to get you to come home on house arrest, but until I can bring Steve in, you're stuck in here."

"But-"

"Don't 'but' me Sophiea. Just listen to the rules. Do you need anything? Have they fed you, need a blanket?"

"I'm fine. How's Wanda, do you know where she is? Are they hurting her?" Her voice rose in pitch and volume causing the boys in the cells to look over.

"She's locked up good. They won't let me go talk to her."

"Oh."

"I'm so sorry Sophiea. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. It's ok. Just help her get out. And Scott. He has a daughter that he needs to go home to. And Clint. His family will want him too."

"Ok. I'll see what I can do. And before you ask, Tasha is at home, safe. She got a firm talking to from the UN, but she'll be fine."

"Sophiea, I trust you won't do anything stupid. So just lay low." He started to walk away.

"Wait, Tony. Is Peter ok? Tell him to stay out of trouble."

"How do you know- never mind."

"Guys. I know you are mad at me but hear me out." he tapped buttons on his watch. "I just cut out the tapes, will you please tell me where Steve is? Sam?"

"Only if you promise to go alone, and as a friend."

"Of course." He walked to Sam's cell and listened to Sam's whisper before nodding and walking out of the room.

"I'm assuming he's not coming back for us."

"You're the only one he really likes. He wouldn't save us, just you."

They sat in long silence. "What are we supposed to do?"

Clint looked around. "Does anyone want to tell a story."

"What kind of story do you want? I might have one, but it's more like a life story." Scott said. "I was married to the love of my life in 2006, I had been a thief for a while, but after my daughter Cassie was born, I swore I would never steal again. But I saw an evil company scamming people. In trying to bust them I got caught and was thrown in jail. It was terrible, not as bad as this, but still terrible. I got let out, found Hank Pym, helped him out, got the suit, and now I'm here."

"Am I the only one here without kids?" Sam complained. Sophiea held up her hands and scoffed. "Right, only male here."

"Don't you have something you take care of? Like a dog or something. Everyone has a reason to live." Scott sounded indifferent.

"Well, there's this-"

"Girl. There's a girl right." Everyone sat forward.

"No. I have this plant I take care of." He looked around. "Go ahead. Laugh."

Sophiea was the first to talk. "I'm not going to laugh. What keeps me going is this case I was working on before SHIELD fell. It is the only thing that I think of, heck it's even consumed my dreams."

"Nice. Not really, but nice."

The door flew open and secretary Ross came storming into the room. "Ok. What did you tell Stark?"