Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly

El was sitting on the couch, messing with the walkie talkie again

The party was discussing their plan to find Will.

"We just tell our parents we have AV club after school. That will give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood," Mike said.

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas questioned.

"Just trust me on this, okay?"

"Okay."

"Did you get the supplies?" Chris asked.

"Yeah. Binoculars... from 'Nam. Army knife, also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket," Lucas pulled stuff out of his bag.

"You're going to take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asked sarcastically.

"Yeah that seems pretty stupid, Lucas. No offense," Chris agreed.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon is not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm going to shoot it in the eye... and blind it."

"Dustin, what did you get?" Mike sighed.

Dustin poured out his backpack to reveal a bunch of snacks.

"Well, alrighty. So we've got nutty bars, bazooka, pez, smarties, Pringles, nilla wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix."

"Seriously?" Chris rolled her eyes.

"We need energy for our travels! For stamina! And besides, why do we even need weapons anyways? We have her!" Dustin referenced to El.

"She shut one door!" Lucas argued.

"With her mind! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like..." he walked over to the toy Millennium Falcon. "I bet she could make this fly! Okay, concentrate, okay?"

The toy dropped to the floor and El had an unamused look on her face.

"Okay, one more time. Use your powers, okay?"

The toy dropped again.

El looked at Dustin with a look that read 'are you serious right now?'

"Idiot," Chris muttered.

Mike grabbed the toy before Dustin could.

"She's not a dog!"

"Kids, time for school!" Their mom called from upstairs.

They grabbed their backpacks and ran upstairs.

Mike stayed down to talk to El for a few minutes.

"So, Chris, what're your thoughts on the weirdo?" Lucas whispered to Chris.

"Well, I think it's very rude to call her a weirdo. It's not her fault she telekinetic. And I think we should trust her. She's done nothing but help us, so far."