Chapter Eight: The Upside Down

She didn't know when exactly she had fallen asleep, but when she woke up, she was sitting on a school bench, and her head was leaning onto Dustin instead of Mike

She looked around and saw that it was just the party remaining in the auditorium.

Mike jumped up and ran outside, yelling for Nancy and Jonathan.

He came back inside.

"They're gone."

"What?" Chris asked.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere," Dustin said.

"Gross," Chris hit him on the arm.

"No. No way!"

"Did they go with the chief?"

"I don't know."

"No," El spoke up.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where did they go?"

"Demogorgon."

Mike and Chris started talking about how they needed to go help them, but Lucas and Dustin were trying to stop them.

"In case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us," Lucas pointed out.

"Yeah. And we don't even know where your sister is," Dustin added.

"El can find them!" Mike argued.

Chris started to realize this was a bad idea.

"Mike, look at her," she pointed out how tired El was. "We should stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight, and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember?" Lucas said. "Besides. She's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin turned and started walking away.

"Where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike yelled.

"I am. I'm just going to go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit!"

"Are you serious?" Mike healed again as Lucas and Chris started running after him.

"El needs to be recharged!"

Chris heard Dustin open the fridge door and yell something about finding the pudding.

She and Lucas finally caught up to Dustin and helped him carry the pudding.

She laughed as Dustin called Lunch Lady Phyllis a "Bald-faced liar."