Chapter 7

"Can I get you something?" a man asked right behind me. My back was to the bar so it had to be the bartender. But his voice gave me goosebumps. I turned my head slightly and couldn't believe my eyes.

----------------------------------------------
Levi was leaning over the counter staring at me. He wore a crisp white button up shirt and a sleek black vest to accompany it. A black tie was laying neatly down the middle. His icy eyes expressed the usual boredom with a glint of interest. I turned fully to face him, my face red and mind blank. I suddenly felt embarrassed of what I was wearing and I didn't know why.

"Uh...hi?" was the only thing I could manage to say.

"Why was that a question?" he rested an arm on the black marble, waiting for my response.

"I just didn't expect...you...here..." I admitted. This was the last job I would think he'd have. A normal bar would be more plausible than a nightclub. I knew Hanji was up to something. Why else would she want me to come so badly. I felt like screaming in embarrassment and frustration but instead I repressed my feelings and tried to remain normal.

"Are you drunk already?" he raised his eyebrows. I touched my flushing cheek and glared at him.

"No! I haven't had a single drink yet." He only gave me a skeptical once over. I shifted uncomfortably. There he went again. He always knew exactly what to say to get under my skin.

"Hmm. Well yes, I work at a club and I rather enjoy it. Now can I get you a drink or have you already had one to many?" He got off the bar and folded his arms.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I said I haven't had a drop but yes I do want a drink." I huffed out my irritation and glanced behind him at the alcohol. "Make me something good."

"Well 'good' depends on certain peoples' tastes-" he began but I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"Chefs choice I guess." He paused before turning around and grabbing a bottle off the shelf. I returned to watching the dancing crowd. I could barely spot Hanji and Erwin dancing in the midst of the swarm. They seemed to be having fun. Mike was nowhere to be seen. Watching all the moving bodies was mesmerizing and I didn't hear Levi talking to me.

"Huh? What?" I turned back around to face him.

"I said 'Here's your drink.'" He clicked his tongue and walked away to serve another customer. I looked down at the small glass at my hands. It was a light auburn color served on ice with an orange slice on the side. When I took a sip, it wasn't sweet but it wasn't super bitter either. There was a nice balance that made it refreshing and tasty. Levi headed back in my direction.

"What is this?" I asked, pointing to my glass. He ran a hand through his raven hair and sighed.

"That's a Negroni cocktail. Gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth." (yes i did my research)

"It's good. How'd you learn to make drinks?" I rested my chin on my hand.

For the first time, Levi averted his eyes from mine, "I guess just picked it up through family."

"Did you really?"

"Yes." he somewhat rushed the word out of his mouth and busied himself something below the counter. He clearly didn't want to talk about it. I was taken aback by the change in tone and looked down at the drink.

"I'm sorry. Thank you for the drink." I said a little quieter but still audible over the music. When I didn't hear a response, I risked a glance but he was gone. I sulked a little, feeling bad for prying. Then suddenly Hanji was by my side,

"Hey." she greeted a little breathlessly. Her hair was clearly more frazzled than when she had first arrived.

"Hi. Must be crazy out there." I smiled slightly.