Chapter 7

Her father simply chuckled at her question, which had her brow raising in slight confusion. Leaning over, he patted her knee gently and offered her a genuine, soft smile, in which she returned.

"I know I said I'd answer all your questions, but a little at a time would be better than laying it all on you at once. I will explain the specialties, but we can save that for the morning when you are settled in, okay love?" He said, watching her with genuine concern as he waited for her response. Lilith simply sighed softly and nodded in agreement, pushing a piece of her silky white hair behind her pointed ear.

"Can you at least tell me what a specialty is?" She asked, pleading with her eyes as she looked at her father. He chuckled once more and nodded, sitting up a little straighter.

"Let's just say a specialty is something you can do that humans cannot. Now, your mother went to the back of the cabin where your room is. Go find her and get cozy and then get ready for the feast tonight, you'll be meeting all the clans leaders and members from each clan. You have a whole wardrobe in your room as well as shoes." He told her as he stood up, smiling kindly at her. She blinked and sighed once more, before nodding and standing up also, stretching her sore muscles out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilith tilted her head a bit as she gazed at her reflection in the mirror of her cabin bathroom. What stared back at her was someone who was familiar but completely different at the same time. Her hair was whiter and her skin was lighter, her ears were pointier and her green eyes brighter. And the mark, sitting perfectly between her brows on her forehead, was glowing a soft glow, not too bright to the point where it strained the eyes, but not too soft to where the glow wouldn't be noticeable. The mark almost seemed to draw you in.

It wasn't that she didn't like the new her that stared back at her, it was the fact that it was who she was meant to be from the beginning.

Not to mention, the outfit she wore was completely different from any outfit she'd even imagine wearing.

The outfit was a dress. A forest green dress*. It was a high low and poofy from the waist down and had floral patterns on it. The back had a slit down the middle, revealing her shoulder blades and her milky skin. The shoes she wore were flats, nothing too special, and they matched the green of the dress. The only thing different were the gold designs on the flats, framing them. Her hair was down and in waves, falling across her pale shoulders and framing her face perfectly. If she had to choose one thing that was her most favorite out of this whole life changing situation, it was the outfits that she got to wear, which, according to her mother, were designed specifically for her just as they were for every other elf in the camp. Each outfit protected her in places she needed to be protected while making them very likable at the same time(not to mention oddly warm).

Giving a soft and long sigh, she stood straighter and gave herself one last glance in the mirror before exiting her cabin room, smiling softly at her parents who were situated at the front of the cabin.

"Ready, dear?" Her mom spoke softly, resting a gentle hand on her arm. Taking one more deep breath, she nodded and her father opened the door, leading the out of the cabin and into the night, the smell of a bonfire filling her senses almost immediately.

As well as butterflies taking up the space within her nerves.