Chapter 15

A pounding headache knocked her back to consciousness as she groaned in pain. Opening her eyes slowly, she looked around, squinting as her eyes adjusted to her surroundings. She was outside still, that's for sure, but she had no idea where. And she couldn't tap into her newest abilities considering her hands were tied behind her back and her body was held against a tree by a rope. Panicking, she struggled against the rope, causing the material to rub her arms. Hissing in slight pain, she looked around, eyes wide and alert as she attempted to look for a sharp rock she could kick closer to her, but as soon as she stretched her leg out to reach for one, a foot suddenly came down on her ankle, instantly popping the joint right out of its socket. She gasped loudly, the pain traveling up her leg like fire and causing her to yell out. Tears pooled at her eyes as she looked up, and her heart nearly stopped when she saw who the enemy was. Except this time he looked even more pissed, his eyes pure black instead of gold, yet his arm was wrapped where Olive had bit him and he seemed weaker.

"Sorry, couldn't hold myself back. Let me fix this yeah?" He spoke, his voice laced with pure evil humor as he put even more pressure on her already dislocated ankle, causing her to scream out in agony as she attempted to pull her leg away. He laughed and finally pulled his foot away, leaning down to be face to face with her.

"W-What do you want from me?" She gasped out, trying to pull her injured leg away from the rogue. He chuckled dangerously and grabbed her leg, pulling it back towards him as she whimpered out.

"Well, at first I wasn't the one who wanted you, it was boss, but after what happened a few nights ago," He smirked darkly and grabbed her hair, pulling it so that she was looking at him. Hissing in pain once more, she glared at him, swallowing thickly. "I decided to just have you for myself. I'm not sure what else you're capable off, but being a half breed does sound tasty." He finished, pulling her hair even harder. Groaning slightly, she spit in his face, causing him to jerk back a little. This seemed to piss him off more, and in return, he rammed his fist into her gut, causing the air to leave her for a second as she coughed up a bit of blood. Gasping, she hunched over, but the rogue tightened his fist on her hair again and slammed her head back into the tree, glaring harder at her.

"You've got balls, kid. What makes you think you can take on a shapeshifter, hm?" He spat in her face. She grinned through the pain, dark spots slowly clouding her vision but she ignored them, not letting herself fall back into the pit of unconsciousness.

"I know I can, because any coward who steals a girl from her home just to get what he wants is weak." She taunted. He growled dangerously and slammed her head against the tree again, but before she let the pain overwhelm her, she activated her weapon, but this time she imagined the sword in her mouth, and once it appeared there, she turned her head quickly, causing the sword to gash the Rogues cheek. He yelled out, stepping back a few steps and giving her time to use the sword in her mouth and cut the ropes from around her waist. She ended up cutting her stomach in the process, but she ignored it as she stood up, moving her tied hands to the front of her, but before she could swing, the rogue grabbed her by the neck, lifting her up and slamming her against the tree once more as the sword dropped from her mouth and to the floor. She gasped for breath, attempting to hit the rogue's chest with her tied hands, but it only made him tighten his grip even more.

"Better think of something clever to say, half breed, because they'll be your last." He spoke, and she could clearly see him about to shapeshift into something she really didn't want to come face to face with. So, in order to stop him for even a second, she knew the exact thing to say.

"What about Dallas!? He looked up to you! You guys were best friends and then you murdered your family and disappeared! How do you think he would feel if you killed me!? How would your dead family feel about what you've become!?" She managed loudly, and she knew she hit a nerve because his eyes flashed from black to gold for a second, before they were back to black and he growled loudly.