Chapter 9

"Dustin, that is enough." The Trinity Chief spoke, his voice hard and stern.

"We can protect ourselves, James, we don't need one of them lurking on our land. All he's gonna do is cause trouble for all of us!" The boy, who she assumed was Dustin, yelled. Glancing behind her just slightly, she looked up at the boy, not realizing he was standing now. Blinking, she looked back at James, the Trinity Clan chief, and his expression yelled anger and irritation.

"Chris and Sean, get him back to his cabin." James spoke, his voice deep and demanding. Dustin went to say something else before she realized two guys, who seemed about her age yet a lot stronger, moved past her log and grabbed the boy, dragging him out of the circle as Dustin fought against them, yelling at them to let him go. Biting her lip, she watched as they moved passed the many cabins, before turning her attention back to the camp leaders. After a moment of long silence, the Wolffang leader began to speak again, and Lilith couldn't help but glance at Dallas again, only to realize that he was gone. Blinking, she looked around, searching for him before she was interrupted when she heard her father's loud voice.

"Now that that's out of the way, classes will be starting tomorrow. New Elves will be paired with experienced Elves of their clan to be guided through each class. At the end of the day,you'll be given a set of classes that you'll be attending for the rest of the year based on what was observed by the experienced Elves. You will also be able to choose your main weapon based on what weapons you perform better with. Other experienced Elves that are not paired with a new Elf, you will be attending classes like normal. You should have already chosen what classes you want to take this year. Tomorrow is all about getting settled in, so don't bring your weapons to your classes." Her father spoke, his voice loud and confident. Her mind temporarily moved away from the Dallas situation, now focused on what tomorrow was going to bring. She was scared, not terrified scared, but starting-all-over scared. New kid scared. Biting her lip, she looked down at her hands and took a few deep breaths, getting her nerves under control.

"Also, a curfew has been set in place for the time being. As of tonight, everyone will need to be in their cabins by 11:00 and will not be allowed to leave until 8:00 the next morning." James spoke. His words seemed to draw a lot of controversy in the crowd considering everyone began to talk at the moment.

"Why are we getting a curfew!?" One of the members asked, a few others agreeing with her.

"This is ridiculous!" Another spoke. Blinking, Lilith furrowed her brow in confusion before jumping a little when her father's booming voice rang through the circle, quieting everyone almost instantly. Her eyes were wide, she'd never heard her father speak like that before.

"Enough!" He yelled, his voice bouncing off of the trees around them.

"This has simply been put in place for everyone's protection. Please understand." The Silverluna Chief spoke up. He seemed to be the calmest, and his voice seemed to calm the rest of the crowd as well.

"Excuse me, why do we need protection? Has something happened?" A small female said from the far right side of the circle. Her voice was soft and nice, yet confident at the same time. James sighed lightly and nodded.

"Indeed, something has happened. Our camp to the east has been attacked." Gasps rose in the crowd, and another boy spoke up from the crowd.

"Was it the Beast!?" He said, and the whispers floating around the circle seemed to get louder as more people seemed to get even more worried by the second.

"We don't know for sure, but it is a big possibility, which is why we are taking so many precautions to keep everyone safe. The only ones who will be out at night will be the Warriors and some clan leaders, as well as the Shapeshifter. They will be guarding the camp to keep us protected as we sleep. Which is why it is important that you all follow these new guidelines until the danger is out of the way. Are we understood?" Her father spoke, and the crowd grew quiet for a moment, the tension heavy in the air.