18

"Hi Cindy ready to start", I knocked as I stuck my head in her office door.

"Yes I am meet me in exam room three and take a nurse have them get you started", she said.

I took Michael and Nurse Jackie. She took some blood and my blood pressure.

"Looks good Cindy will be in soon", Jackie said.

"No need right here. Tell me about your symptoms", Cindy said coming in washing her hands.

"Well nausea, tender breast, mood swings, missed period. I took a test and it was positive", I listed.

Cindy grabbed he jelly and squirted it on my belly.

"Ok so for daddy here I'm gonna explain it to him", she started, "so the jelly makes it easier for the camera to see. This is the camera".

I watched the screen and as she moved the camera around. My joy died as I realized that I'm not pregnant.

"Baby why you holding my hand so tight", Michael whispered.

I was silent. I had nothing to say.

"Well I'm very sorry to say but you're not pregnant. The test must have been a false negative", she reported.

"Sorry to have wasted your time", I said.

"It's fine Laila", Cindy started, "Maybe try again and if it doesn't work we can definitely explore our options. I'm sorry but I have another appointment to get to. Good luck".

I wiped off my stomach and stood up.

"Baby", Michael started.

"Umm so I get off at four", I said.

I turned my back to Michael not wanting him to see me cry. It's stupid for me to cry because I was iffy in the first place.

"Baby come here. I know you was excited", Michael said.

"Not I'm fine I just. I'm fine I have to get to work can we talk when I get home. I can bring home dinner", I said.

"Alright baby. Call me if you need anything today", he said.

He kissed my forehead then left. I took a minute to clean myself up then I sanitized the room for the next appointment in this room.

————————————————————

"Michael I'm home", I shouted.

"I'm in the room", Michael shouted back

I put the food in the microwave and headed upstairs.

"Let's get the conversation over with" I said laying across the bottom of the bed.

"I'm sorry I know you was excited for the baby. I'm sorry I don't know how to make the situation better", he said.

I was silent. Nothing would make me feel better.

"Let's try again", I suggested.

"Baby are you sure you wanna do that. You weren't even sure yesterday when you didn't know", he asked.

"Baby I was so excited for our baby. I thought all the rest of the night and all morning about our little baby. I'm ready", I said.

"Baby if you ready I'm all for it. It's no rush", he said.

I basically jumped his bones. I ran my hands up and down his body ready to make a baby.