chapter one: not a monster

I was deep in thought, what would have happened if I hadn't met him. I'd probably be dead or even far worse off. I'd most likely would have been a soul less corpse wandering hungry for the flesh of another person. I have been under since 2005. He "recruited" me to work on his research. Little did he know that I was playing a role of myself that he had never seen. The role I made to take down Albert Wesker.

The year was 2006. I was running, the town was full of people. I had sneaked in to the town during the night hours. I knew there was a research facility not too far from my location, thanks to the backup drives of Umbrella notes and case files. To think I'd be out hunting him is a shock. My heart wants me to call out and yearn for him, but after that incident, I had no faith that he would even know I was alive.

Surgei altered the files on the experiments he ran on me, not to mention the one i was after had shot me. I tucked into the sewers and sighed. I'd stay here till night fall. I needed to get my facts straight. I was going to use the name of my former student who Vladimir had killed. She stole the files I needed from him of her own volition saying that she wanted me to be happy.

Alistar was a fool. She should have known that I wouldn't have been able to protect her. I found a heating area surrounded by a fence. I took a step back and thought of where I should hide. It was honestly the best idea for me to hide. If I got caught they'd try to kill me and I'd have to show what I truly was. I jumped up and over the fence. I placed a B.S.A.A emblem next to me and huddled up in the corner exhausted. My mind raced back to her death scene. She bleed out in my arms handing me the backup drives of the Wesker project, the Angelis project and mostly all of the rest of umbrellas files.

I closed my eyes to stop tears from flowing down my face, reaching for my necklace. I flicked it open and looked at the pictures in it. My little brother and sister was on one side and my fourteen year old son, Jake, on the other side. I sobbed as I stared at my brother's picture.

"I might as well." I pulled out my phone and dialed his work number.

It started to ring, and I wished he didn't pick up. I heard and click and groaned inwardly. He picked up.

"Redfield." He said.

"Hey...." I mumbled.

"Who is this?" he asked.

"Take a guess... and don't get on me how long it's been since I last called." I sighed tears running down my cheeks.

"T..." he remained silent for a few minutes, "where are you?"

"I'm in Africa, I have some lose ends to tie up before I truly join the B.S.A.A". I said quietly.

"Look I'm sure he isn't alive... I watched him plummet with Jill. You have to give up this obsession. It's clearly putting you through more than you need to." He said, "I already have the paper work ready, and Rebecca said she can't wait to help you make the vaccines."

"I'm not sure anymore Chris after the Harperville g outbreak I saw tricell collect the sample of the g virus. I saw the same sample on the black market not three weeks later by a man named Irving. I'm going to bring down every last one of umbrellas creations." I snapped quietly.

"You don't have to do this alone anymore! I'm here Claire is here we are here for you!" Chris shouted.

"I'M A MONSTER CHRIS I'M NO BETTER THAN HIM! I'M JUST ANOTHER ONE OF UMBRELLAS FAILED EXPERIMENTS!" I yelled back my voice echoing through the metal halls, "I'm just better off dead."

Chris sighed, "you're not a monster, you're my older sister and I want to make sure you don't get yourself killed just because..." He stopped before he could finish. I already knew what he was going to say and he knew how I felt about it.

"Look Chris I'm sorry I'm worrying you and everyone else but I want to make sure that umbrella and all its creations are destroyed" I said softly to him.

"I know you do but I can't let you do this alone please let me help T." he cried out. I would let him help but I'm afraid either ill hurt him or he'll get killed, and I won't lose another loved one.

"I'm sorry Chris I can't risk you getting killed because of me." I sobbed memories flashing back to her body.

"We are family we're supposed to look out for each other regardless of what we think." He said calmly

"Chris there's something I want to tell you. "I said calming down, "Jill's still alive I found documentation of her location nearby."

"Do you have it on a flash drive or a PDA?" He asked in shock.

"No, sadly I couldn't find one but I'm sure they haven't deleted the files yet but from what I saw they plan on turning her into a B.O.W and test a new virus using her as the first subject." Before he could respond I heard yelling coming from down the hall, "fuck they found me."

"T wait." Before I could hear him finish I tossed the phone and smashed it to pieces. I pulled the sunglasses over my eyes and hood of my cloak over my head. Pulling myself out of the corner, I jumped over the fence rolling when I landed.

"There she is!" a small white man called out. I quickly stood up and glanced behind me. There was eighteen men in armored body plating and holding AK 47 assault rifles. They were being led by a man I knew to be a black market arms dealer, Ricardo Irving.

I ran as fast as I could so fast I didn't think they could see me, but they still fired the guns anyway so I ran toward one of the majini and snapped his neck. When the dead majini collapsed on the ground I saw the one person I didn't want to see at that moment Albert Wesker. When I saw his crooked smile and dark sunglasses I ran as fast as I could to avoid him. Try as I might to out speed him. he was faster than me and ended up hitting me in the chest with the cobra strike. it wasn't enough to knock me out. I fell face first onto the ground and I was stunned. Wesker turned me on my back and said "you are becoming a nuisance" then he stomped on my head and knocked me out.