chapter 31: abandoned

Sliding down the wall was grating against my back. I fell through the massive opening into the foyer. Landing flat on my ass, my samurai edge fell out of its holster and skated across the floor.

My corrective glasses were nowhere in sight. This was bad if that bastard had planned for this. This wasn't good at all.

"Damn it," I cursed, perturbed.

Albert landed on his feet gracefully. He hurriedly walked over to my gun and handed it back to me. "You need to be more careful, my dear."

Tabitha lightly growled, taking her berretta.

"I'm not a fragile little flower, Albert."

"I know, I just worry that's all" Albert replies, stepping closer to me.

I simply walked away, "You don't have to worry so much. I'm just as strong as you." I notice a B.O.W. and blast its head off with my samurai edge. It was a hunter," Damn it! I seriously can't catch a fucking break, can I?"

"Impressive" Albert smiled at the corpse.

"Eh, not really. I've done better. It was sloppy I should have noticed quicker." I said Holstering my samurai edge.

Walking down the long corridor, my heels against the concrete, I noticed a trip wire. I try and step carefully over only for an explosion to my left, blowing my body down to the floor while covering my ears.

"You still should be careful, dearheart, " Albert said, looking a little disappointed in my attitude.

"STOP telling me to be careful you have no right after Russia not after you fucking nearly killed me." I snapped eyes flaring ice blue.

"I'm just looking out for your well-being, dearheart. I do not want to lose you." Albert explained with a slight growl in his tone.

He was getting upset. At this point, I didn't care. He was treating me like a child not a fully capable gunman. I was fuming.

"I can take care of myself," I said angrily turning to face him my eyes glowing brighter.

"Then why is it every time something happens you end up unconscious or bloody on the floor you are more clumsy than Chris and Vickers combined." Albert snapped back lifting me and tossing me to the side as a chunk of the ceiling fell nearly crushing me.

" I can't help that the angelis virus exhausts my body so easily I just don't eat enough calories and leave my family and the other members of S.T.A.R.S out of this!"I said standing up lurching forward speeding ahead kicking a zombie in the head and sending it into a decrepit wall.

"I'm growing tired of this little squabble, and I am going to bring up the people who abandoned you after the mansion incident. They treated my goddess, like trash and they will be treated like trash. "wesker growled blasting three more b.o.w.s. in the head as his eye began to glow a brilliant red.

"ABANDON ME! YOU OF ALL PEOPLE CAN NOT SAY THAT TO ME. EVEN WITH THE PLANS TO BETRAY
UMBRELLA WE HAD YOU LET ME WATCH YOU DIE!" I shouted avoiding a c4 trap placed along the wall, "AND I AM NO GODDESS WESK! I'M A MONSTER WHOSE SOLE PATH IS SELF-DESTRUCTION!!! AT LEAST CHRIS WAS THERE FOR ME AFTER RUSSIA!!!"

Albert growled picking me up by the collar "Don't you dare mention your bastard brother again he ruined our plans to betray Umbrella and prevented me from saving you on Rockfort Island"

"BUT THEY ARE MY FAMILY ALBERT! THEY ARE THE REASON WE EVEN ARE TOGETHER! YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU LISTENED TO THE AUDIO FILES I GAVE YOU." I kicked wesker making him drop me as I shot three hunters running towards Albert.