Chapter 11: Truth

A week had passed with ease and thanks to the Angelis virus any sign of harm to my body had vanished. The day came when I was supposed to complete my first set of missions for Wesker. The escort detail would be a walk in the park and the b.o.w. hunt even more so. The thing I was worried about was gathering Intel on the B.S.A.A., that alone I was worried about. Chris knows what I look like as do the B.S.A.A. higher ups.

I had just finished assembling my med kit with my viral stablizer securely stored away when a forceful knock rang from the door.
''Come in." I said pulling my hair in to a low pony tail.

"Alistar are you ready to go?" Steve asked with a black backpack on. He looked like a college student about to visit his parents.

"Almost, I have to prepare a few rounds of viral stablizer. I have a horrible feeling that something bad will happen." I stated.

"You seem a tad paranoid, I thought you were a cool collected killer like Wesker." Steve joked.

"Haha yea no, I can't ignore my instincts in situations like this." I sighed, "I'm having the same feeling from when the Russia base was shut down and we all know what happened that night.".

"That bad huh?" Steve said shifting his weight from one leg to the other.

"Yea, but oh well we are already running behind because of me ." I stocked my herbs, viral stablizer cache and lifted my brief case, "let's go.".

Steve started out the door and I followed  in suit. The halls seemed lighter than normal as if the thought of the outside world brightened my view of the rotting hellhole I'm in. The halls were filled with soldiers and researchers rushing to their proper stations.  This was almost like my time in Russia.

I let out a small chuckle when we went to the air strip. That was a big fucking mistake.

"And why are you laughing?!" A shrill female voice broke the peaceful silence, just my damn luck.

"Ah Ms. Gionne, how are you this morning?" Steve asked politely.

"Terrible, Albert's pda alarm went of too early and he overdosed on his serum. He can barely move at the moment due to the migraine!" She screeched.

"That's why she's here instead of him." A weaselly voice piped up, it was Irving.

"You must be Mr. Irving, We have never been formally introduced. " I extended my hand, "My name is Alistar Lancaster, I'll be the head of your security detail during the duration of your transaction."

"Tis' a pleasure, you seem very familiar. Did we pass in the hallway at some point?" He asked shaking my hand.

"No sir, I'm afraid that I'm normally in the training rooms or in the research labs. I don't have the authorization to roam around the base." I now ever so slightly  to sell the loyal lackey act.

At this point Excella is turning a deep shade of red, "Irving quit making friends with the "help" and load up the plane. Also Irving be sure to study your notes on the buyer, we don't want a repeat of last time."

"Of course Excella and I do expect compensation for my services if things go according to plan." He stated, turning around grabbing a crate.

"Mr. Burnside Wesker requests you keep an eye on your charge the full time. He doesn't want anything to happen to "it". He has spent a lot of assets keeping it in working condition. I have  special orders for "Ms. Lancaster" from Albert so the "special operative"  will need to stay behind for a bit."

Yet again this woman was making me lose my temper. Not even speaking of me as if I was a living being but a piece of property. I was pissed. I motioned Steve to go on as I knew I'd be fine.