chapter 36: a new beginning

After we dressed and left the apartment, we headed down to the training room. In the catwalks, I stare out over Gale, Jill, and Steve.

"So what's that neck scar from Gale? You didn't have it the last time I saw you in Russia." Jill asked running her fingers down the jutting scar along his neck.

"I got shot by this weird Russian asshole. Don't worry though Tabs and Wesker handled it. Made mincemeat of the guy according to the wolfpack. Speaking of the devil. Took you both long enough to get done with the dirty tango." Gale said laughing pointing up at me and Albert.

Jill looks at me pissed off. I knew I would have to have to sit down and talk to her about the shift in plans. More and more it looks like I'm betraying humanity. That was a deep-seated fear in my heart. Would I be able to take him down or would I just want to be with him? I knew I would have to work twice as hard to save him or else my target would remain true. I walked down the steel steps as did Albert. Jill stormed up to me.

"So it was you this whole time?!?!" Jill growled, "How could you betray the B.S.A.A. it makes me sick T."

"That is just the way things are with Pheonix Corps Jill. We are not the good guys. " I lied through my teeth.

"She is perfect the way she is Ms. Valentine," Wesk said standing behind me.

"JUST SHUT UP WESKER!!! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND HER!!!" Jill said grabbing my collar.

Albert growled pulling out his phone and pushing a button. Jill started writhing in agony and let out a blood-curdling scream. Me and Gale both ran up to Jill. The device on her chest was glowing.

"WESKER STOP THIS NOW!" Gale shouted holding Jill in his arms.

"Albert please, don't hurt her anymore." I cry out," I know you were trying to prevent any harm befalling me but...."

"It's OK you guys." Jill barely whispers out, "I'm sorry T, just trying to put up an act."

"But this thing..." I shake my head.

"This isn't right wesker!" Gale growled.

"You can't blow your cover. I'll be ok" Jill whimpered.

"I was just making sure you were not harmed, my dear," Wesker said kneeling next to me.

I sigh, "I know my love, we can't let sentiments get in our way until Uroboros is complete and the world is ours.".

"We need to become stronger for what is to come," Gale says holding a shaking Jill.

"I know Gale, from the Russian that shot you. To me taking five flash bangs and constantly falling into traps. We have a long road ahead of us." I mutter and Albert nods.

"Then we shall do some sparring, Gale you will be with Jill give her some refresher courses and I shall spar with my precious lotus as we were before the meeting with Arias," Wesker said standing up, "first will be me and Tabitha, that way Jill can recover a bit before her match with Gale."

"Gee, how generous of you," Jill said sarcastically rolling her eyes as she and Gale walked to the other side of the room with Steve.

"You sure about this boss? You have still never beaten him in hand-to-hand combat. Hell, he even whooped my sorry ass last week." Gale called out to me.

"Don't worry about me, Gale! I'm stronger than the last time we fought. Not to mention I was holding back too. I won't let myself lose." I smile kicking off my heels and tossing my sweater to the side.

"Such bold words from Tabitha. She seemed much more confident than she did when we left for the mission. " Steve said scratching his chin.

"That's the boss lady for ya! She always gets cocky before a fight." Gale chimed in, reaching an arm behind Jill.