19

Harry p.o.v

For about a week Ron has been complaining that he can not get a date. On our way to our last class potions Ron is saying, "I mean really Harry you have no clue how difficult it is. They all travel in packs!"
And we walk in and sit down. Today we are just writing about the potions that we have made and what we learned. Severus tells the class to be quite and do our work. But Ron has other plans. He says quitely, "I mean Harry I don't know what to do. I have no clue who to ask out or how-" Severus cuts him off by making him look at his paper.
Ron glares at severys back as he walks away and says, "git. Any way. I guess your lucky Draco decided to ask you to the dance since Severus can't take you. Then you'd know how difficult this is. But really mate I need your help. Girls are so difficult it's like. All the good ones are taken. Really can you-" then he is cut off again by Severus.
Severus walks away and Ron glares at him. Then he smiles and looks at Hermione. " Hermione your a girl."
"Well spotted." She says giving him a look that says 'choose your next words carfully.'
But Ron just says like it's unimportant. "Will you go with me."
She stands up slamming her note book on the table gaining everyone's attention. "I will not go as some ones last resort!" Then she storms up to Severus giving him her work. He asks if she is okay but she just ignores him turning around hair flicking him, and comes back to us saying, "I already have a date." Then she storms out slaming the doors open and closed.
Ron sits in his seat dazed and I get up and hit him over the head with my note book then go and give it to Severus then run out to cach up with Hermione.
She is sitting by the lake under a tree staring blankly at the water. I sit next to her and say, "who's your date?"
"It's a surprise." She replies grinning.
I smile and say, "he better be good to you. Or I'll poison him with one of Severus potions."
She laughs and says, "don't worry he is fine. I just. I can't believe how Ron is acting."
I shrug and say, "I don't know how to fix that. I bet Severus is giving him Hell now."
  Hermione laughed and says, "maybe.  But its fine. We just need to find him a date."
"I don't know any one who wants to go with him." I say frowning.
Both Hermione and I stay silent for a moment thinking and she says, "you have heard no gossip among the Slytherin?"
"I dont really hang out with them. The only Slytherin I'm ever really around is Severus." I tell her.
"Well Slytherin are gossipers. I'm sure one of them has heard something. I mean. I'm sure Severus has even heard something." Hermione says.
I nod and wonder who is the best to ask.

Severus p.o.v

At dinner Harry sits on my lap again and I feed him. Then he says, "have you heard any gossip about who would want to take Ron to the Yule ball?"
I think for a moment thinking about all of what I heard. "I heard a few times Blaise Zabini likes Ron. Other than that no."
Harry sighes and says, "Ron won't want to go with him. I guess I'll need to find out how to make a girl want to go with him."
"Sorry Harry." I say and kiss his forehead.
"It's okay." Harry says and holds one of my arms tight.
I continue to feed both him and me as I talk to Minerva.

When we finish Harry decides to go to the Slytherin common room for a little so he can get more information. Then he comes back and we get ready for bed. He cuddles to me and falls asleep. And I fall asleep shortly after.