Chapter 36: Conniving King

Claudia

"My lovely Queen."

"Charles." I said breathlessly. I was scared out of my mind and didn't even realise it until now. Out of all the emotions which I felt, I ignored the fear which I felt. The same fear which was secretly eating me alive this whole time.

"How are you?" He asked me, almost as though nothing was wrong. His voice was back to its smooth suave tone and he sounded so calm and in control.

"Charles." I said again, not realising that I did.

"Oh dear, have I managed to take your breath away? I haven't been able to do that in so long, I almost forgot how triumphant it felt for my ego." He joked, snapping me back to reality. I furrowed my eyebrows and gripped my jaw. I was trying to be emotionless, but my anger couldn't be suppressed.

"What are you doing Charles? What sick game are you playing? Why did you make up a fake shoot-out? What were you hoping to achieve? Why are those nosey cops from that stupid organisation coming for me? What did you tell them? Why the hell are you so calm? What are you fucking planning Charles?!"

"My Queen, calm down. I understand that you are upset by my absence, but you have no reason to be. We will be reunited soon enough, I promise you my Queen."

He was doing it again. He addressed me as his again, his belonging, his possession, his Queen. I knew that I was the Queen, but I don't like hearing it coming from his mouth.

"Don't you dare even try to act all calm with me! Do you hear me Charles?!"

Suddenly the whole family stormed in and I felt my blood boiling.

"I am not acting in any way with you my Queen. I'm just reassuring you that you and I will be together again. Just how you like it. Claudia, remember when we were still newly weds..." He chuckled, while I just sneered, "... you used to hold on to me tighter than a python to its dinner when we went to father's gala dinners. Skin to skin, face to face and... King to Queen. I don't know about you but I really loved the scent of your intoxicating fragrance which lingered through my nostrils and captivated my whole being."

"Charles..."

"... I didn't expect this, but everytime you insist that we must always be reunited, I remember those days. Those days when you would be so attached to me, I secretly hoped that you would stop. Now I realise that I have actually become so accustomed to it, I don't want you to stop. So you don't have to my Queen, I will always be by your side."

"Where are you?!"

"I unfortunately cannot tell you. What I can tell you, however, is that I can see you... right... now. You look very nice."

I froze. How did I not think about him putting cameras in here? This way he could hear and see what we were planning.

I faced Blade and instantly, he started looking. Since the phone was on loudspeaker, everyone could hear him. I felt it necessary to stop that, so I took it off of the loudspeaker and moved back into the livingroom, leaving them all behind in the kitchen.

"I knew you would start looking for me, you can't stay for two minutes without me being by your side. And by the way, how is Bullet?" He said this as though it meant nothing. As though he didn't traumatise the poor man. As though he were merely just catching up, nothing less, or in better terms, nothing more.