Just Friends- Hamilsquad P.O.V

John's P.O.V

"So'd you and Alex hook up??" Mulligan said, leaning across the counter of his clothing store. He grinned devilishly- not a small one either, but his real one, too big for his face. 

"WHAT?! No! What's your problem??"Laurens protested, his face a brick red, "All we did was go for a walk. You're nasty." 

"But you like him, right? Like, a lot? I know you, I can tell."

"Maybe a little" Laurens admitted. Mulligan raised an eyebrow, "All right, a lot! He's so funny, and smart, and handsome. In that order. And I'm sure that order matters to him." Mulligan chortled. (Yes it's a real word) "You seem head over heels with him, If I do say so myself."

"...He missed our date." Laurens replied miserably

"Oh, no. Oh, no no no. He did not. I swear if he stood you up-"

"No, no he didn't! Well, he did. But I went to check on him and he was fast asleep. I couldn't bear to wake him up." 

"Oh. You should go over there."

"Already on my way" Laurens replied, grinning.

Alex's P.O.V

 'Alex' Shhh. Quiet.  'Wake up, Alex'  No. Good dream. John. My John. 'Alex' Shut up. Zzzzz (I don't know how to introduce someone having a dream) Alex feels his body slowly rising from his resting position, like his bed became a hand and pushes him upward. Laf's face fuzzily floates in front of his own. "Dude." He whisperes, "wake up."  Alex turns away, and walks in the gray void to a single thing: A tree that has what look like miniature rose petals, except drained of color. (ShUsH Im a TFIOS fAn) Alex walks closer and sees a figure there, no one but his John. Wait.. HIS John? John turns around and says with a frown, "DUDE WAKE UP" 

"Jesus CHRIST, MAN!! Tu m'as fait peur!  You slept like a brick!" Laf was leaning over Alex, too close, he realized, when he saw Laf rubbing his forehead and a dull throbbing issuing from his own. "Ow. Sorry." Alex muttered.

 Laf shook his head. "What were you dreaming about? You kept flopping around and shivering." Alex's eyes widened. "Um, nothing! Why were you trying to wake me up?" Laf shot him a I know what you're doing, you're trying to change the subject, but I'll roll with it look. A lot to convey with a look, but hey, he was America's favorite frenchman. 

"We have to go see Peggy's stand-up, remember? It's this afternoon." Laf said. Alex shook his head. "But if it's this afternoon then why did you- OH SCHIST I'M LATE!!!!" Alex flew out of his bed fast enough to rival the Road Runner. Laf looked around confusedly. "Late for what?" He asked. Alex looked over at him while trying to put on pants. "I had a date with John this morning. And now I'm completely late!" Alex successfully put his pants on and turned around to see a smirking Laf.

 "Oh that. Yeah, John came here around ten-ish and asked for you. I told him you were knocked out cold and he came over and looked at you." Laf leaned in and stage- whispered, "I pretended not to notice when he caressed your face." Alex sighed through his nose, if that was possible. "And why didn't you tell me this? Would've been nice to know." Alex was blushing, but ignored it. 

Suddenly a soft knocking came from the front door. "I'll get it." Laf said. Ever the sociable one. He turned around a moment later and let Laurens in. John's face immediatly turned a shade of crimson at a shirtless Alexander. "Oh, shoot, sorry. I'm gonna... go get dressed" Alex said, an equal shade of red. 

After a few minutes, a carefully-groomed-but-trying-not-to-look-like-a-try-hard Alex emerged from his room. "Hey." He said quietly. "Hi" Laurens replied, avoiding the intensity in Alex's eyes. 

"Look- I'm really, really sorry. I was just exhausted last night, and I hadn't slept in a long time, and-" 

"Alexander, it's okay." John said quietly. Alex blushed when he heard John say his name. Stupid, stupid! You can control yourself, Alex. "I get it. It's no problem. Can we just talk?"

"Sure!! Er... I mean, alright." Alex and John sat down, and the next thirty minutes passed by as a happy blur; Alex was feeling comforted at last.