Chapter 29

John POV
Okay so let's ignore the fact my dad watched me and Alexander make out and his only way to make us stop was to cough, awkwardly...

After that we all sat around the Christmas tree passing gifts surprisingly everyone got everyone else a gift even Mary and she's only 5.

"Alright this next one is for Martha" I said passing the blue wrapped gift to Martha "hope you like it I picked it out" Alex said with a bright smile watching her unwrapped the gift with curious eyes.

She opened it openings another smaller box she unwrapped the bow and her eyes widened I could feel Alexander was nervous until she smiled brightly "this necklace is so cute" she said pulling it out and walking over to us siting in front of me.

"Put it on my neck" she said moving her long brown hair i I clipped the necklace and clipped it on her neck she looked down reading it "Martha, it says my name" she said tearing up a little.

"Thanks so much" she said hugging Alex and I both "it was no problem" he said smiling at her, I grabbed the next gift and looked at Mary "dearest sister your next" I winked she stood up.

I placed a red wrapped gift in her hand as she jumped excitedly with a big smile on her face "okay open it" Alex said a bit nervous although I don't know why it was an amazing gift.

She opened it all in one big tear and screamed in happiness falling dramatically on the floor at the sight of the new Nintendo DS, yup that's my sister "YAY I KNEW IT THANK YOU SO MUCH" she said tackling us both in a hug as my mom giggled and the others where focused on their own gifts.

I made eye contact with James and Henry "come here boys your next" i whispered motioning then to come closer as Alexander handed them both their envelopes as they looked at us confused.

Alex shrugged "we don't know what teen boys like so you each get 200$" he said chuckling as there eyes lit up "and of course a Christmas card written by muwah" he said making the family laugh as he turned red.

I looked over to see my mom and dad talking quietly in the corner it gave me a realization I have to still tell him before we leave tomorrow in the afternoon.

"Mom!" I said getting her attention for her gift she walked over fast "s-sorry" she said in a worried voice I nodded and handed her a blue box she looked down at hit and began to open it slowly I guess to "save the wrapping paper" .

She opened it with wide eyes "this is expensive" she said looking at us with testy eyes "anything for you.." I said quietly feeling quite emotional as the perfume was a perfume she used back when I was younger but she never bought it again.

"Thank you Jackie...and Alexander" she said hugging us both as my siblings cooed and awed at the sweet moment.

My mom went back to their spot next to my dad everyone began to get up assuming to walk into the rooms since they think we're done... but where not!

"Guys wait!" They all turn around with confused faces going back to the couches siting down "last but certainly not least..Mr.Laurens ?" Alex said holding out a small box.

Everyone gasped confused I usually never give my dad gifts since he's a shit dad to me but Alex pushed me to get something special and Alex is set on making my dad like him, I wonder why he care so much.

I stood up handing him the box as he looked at me surprised.

Alex POV
I felt my palms beginning to get sweaty as he opened the box, I seriously wanted him to like me or at least stand me I didn't want this to break John and I apart especially with the announcement we have to make later.