The hard choices

"Tomorrow we'll have a meeting with all the heads of council okay? This is serious and not something that should be taken lightly, but until then we'll have to get patrols out circling the woods every night and making sure no more spirits get in or out of that portal" I say to them as I state the recommendations of each night, pairing them all up together with someone else. Everyone understands and I get people out on patrol, James and Conner sending word to the packs on the outer edges of the city and they all agree. Once everyone is set and beds are made I put Gemini to sleep while Conner lectures me in our bedroom.

"Chloe no, you can't okay? You've got Gemini to worry about, we'll find someone else, besides we're not the only supernatural's in town" Conner says to me once everyone has gone off to their homes or woods area's, I sit up the stairs with Conner as we discuss what we're doing.

"Parker, Gemini's future is what I worry about, and she won't have one if one of us is slacking off; I'm the only one strong enough to destroy a demon that we know of so far okay? And now I'm also the only one who's a known God? Parker I'm not going to sit here and hide behind someone else all right? If they want to fight then I'll take it straight to them, I'm not afraid of that" I say to him as he smile and stands up walking over to me.

"I know, that's what I'm worrying about" he says to me, I roll my eyes at him and smile, kissing him longingly on the lips.

"Gemini can't be raised without you okay? She's almost two years old and needs her mum," he says to me making a valid argument.

"I know Parker, but I can't stay away from the fight okay? We'll take turns on taking care of her, you, me, Kelly and anyone else we can think of," I say to him making him smile, he wraps his arms around me and kisses me passionately on the lips, I tangle my fingers through his hair falling into the kiss and forgetting about everything else that has been happening throughout the last couple of weeks. He lifts me up onto his hips and holds me tight to his body pressing me up against the wall trailing kisses down my neck and back up to my lips.

"It may be the last time we're together for a while," he says to me as when I look into his forest green eyes.

"Then let's never forget it" I say with a smile as he presses his lips to mine, all I've ever wanted is to feel wanted by someone and Conner does that, his body presses itself against me like it's been craving me for years, and his lips are hungry for mine every time I kiss him. Though Conner may not be what I've always wanted in a guy but he's what I need from one, and if it wasn't for him I would have not even made it this far.

I've been in dark places before my whole life, first my mum then my friends, Beth had a sister who was beautiful and young, smarter then I could ever be but when cancer fell onto her and she passed away Conner was a wreak he couldn't get out of bed for weeks until I had enough of him, it took months for him to get back on his feet and I made sure that he was okay, we'd stay up late every night watching movies that made him happy, we went ice skating every afternoon then Beth and Ronny joined in. Beth and I weren't really close but I knew her better then anyone ever did and now with the whole gang fighting for not only our own lives but the ones of people that we haven't even met or seen before. This was our legacy and it still is, with all of our friends, our families who are helping pull us in the right direction I know that we can beat this evil that wraps itself beneath us.

The point that I'm poorly trying to get across is the fact that we've all gone through shit times in our life and could have ended it right then and there but we didn't, we knew that it wasn't the end even though it felt as though it was. I need these guys in my life more then anyone would even think about because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have even made it past my fifteenth birthday, they're my family and I'm willing to die for them.

I wake up to Conner lying by my side, his arm placed over my small body while the sun creates the curtains to dance. I smile snuggling into the warm silk sheets more burying my face into the pillow forgetting all of the problems I once faced. I take in a deep breath remembering last night, his words ringing through my head as I can still feel his hands trail my body and his soft lips touch mine. I love him.

I force myself out of bed mentally groaning on having to be away from him for this long, I walk into Gemini's bedroom and smiling down at her, she opens her eyes and giggles.

"Up mummy" she says as she holds her hands out, I stretch my smile across my face and pick her up holding her to my chest and walking back into my bed that I share with Conner, he smiles and wakes up to Gemini's little giggles as she hugs Conner.

"Daddy!" She says with excitement etched into her voice, he hugs her and my heart flutters at the feeling of us three being a family together, I wanted nothing more then to be in a family, to have kids and grow old with someone. We walk down the stairs as I make breakfast for us three, we talk more about today our plan until the others all get here. I take a shower and change Gemini and myself before jumping down the stairs and walking outside, I meet Beast and he shifts into James and hugs me.

"James I want you to know something," I say to him before he walks into the house, he tilts his head and I gulp my nerves down.

"There's no point in lying in saying that I don't love you because I do and I will always but I, I know that we can never be together we're just too different" I say to him it hurt badly but he smiles and nods his head.

"I know, and I want you with Conner because I know how much he loves you, all I want is for you to be safe, and if we can stay as friends then that's good enough for me" he says I smile and kiss his cheek hugging him. We walk back inside the house and run down our plan.