1

Age eleven

I was five years old when my baby sister Lisa was born, my brother was eleven. After Lisa was born our mother passed away leaving us to watch over her. It wasn't easy and it made it hard to do what other kids where able to do.

"Sissy!" A six year old Lisa squealed happily as she ran into my arms.

"Hey Lisa did you have fun at Aunt Caroline's?" I asked with a smile.

"Yea! She got me a new dress and shoes!" Lisa exclaimed as she talked about everything she did.

I laughed as I listened to her talk about everything and then I grabbed her a snack while I made dinner. The front door soon open and Leonard walked in with Mick. I smiled as Mick ruffled my hair and then set at the table.

"Is daddy gonna be home tonight?" Lisa asked looking around.

"No, he is working late." I said as Leonard sent me a look.

After I was finished cooking I put everything on the table and set beside Mick. I smiled as they told me about their heist and how it went.

"Think I can go on the next one?" I asked with a smile.

"No I don't want you on a heist until you are sixteen." Leonard said grabbing a beer.

"You know dad doesn't like you drinking." I said with a frown.

"Well, He isn't home." Leonard said with a smirk.

"So when I'm sixteen will I be able to go on a heist?" I asked with a smile.

"Let's see I was a little younger than you when I started..... so.... yea how about when you turn sixteen me and Mick will take you on a heist." He said with a smile.

"Thank you!" I squealed hugging him tightly.

He laughed as he ruffled my hair and then after we ate Mick left and Leonard went to bed. I took Lisa up to her room and tucked her in.

"Sissy.... can you tell me a story?" She asked with a smile.

"Sure." I said with a smile.

I set down beside her and tapped my chin.

"Alright, There once was a princess who was loved by everyone except for one boy. He was a very smart prince and very shy. He didn't have many friends." I said with a smile.

"Why didn't he have any friends?" Lisa asked confused.

"Well he had his brother and his parents but many kids picked on him.... all except the princess. She knew he didn't like her but she didn't care. She wanted to be his friend so she took up for him." I said with a smile.

"Did they become friends?" She asked sitting up.

"Yes, And after many hardships they married and had many kids." I said with a smile.

Lisa smiled as she leaned back against the pillow and fell asleep. I left the room and snuck out of my house and made my way to the roof.

"Hey Lizzy." A voice said.

I smiled as I turned my head and waved to my best friend.

"Hey Ray." I said with a smile.

"How was your day?" He asked with a smile.

"Boring..... my dad is still in prison." I said with a sigh.

"Don't worry I'm sure he will be out soon." He said smiling at me.

"Apart of me hopes he doesn't." I whispered with a sigh.

Ray pulled me against him and I smiled softly as I leaned my head on his shoulder and looked up at the stars. After awhile we both left to go and get some sleep. I smiled as I climbed down from the roof and climbed through my window. I set on my bed and pulled out the computer that Ray let me borrow and started to do my homework.

The next day I woke up and made my way to school. I left Lisa with Leonard and ran to catch my bus. I smiled as I set beside Ray and talked with him about our science project. I laughed as he started to talk about his plans after school.

"Ray if you become a hero then you better not arrest me." I said laughing as he smiled at me.

"Well if your a villain I'll let you go, but only you." He said winking at me

I laughed as we made it to the school and got out running inside and to class. I laughed as we set in the front and listened to our teacher. After class we went to the library and started to look up global warming. When we where finished I went over to his house and watched Singin' in the Rain with him.

"I'm singing singin in the rain!" We yelled with a laugh.

After it was over and we finished our project I made my way home and smiled as Lisa set on the couch watching Tv.

"Hey Lisa how was your day?" I asked with a smile.

"Daddy is back!" She exclaimed hugging me.

I froze as I heard footsteps and I looked up to see my father walking down the steps. He smiled at me and walked over to me.

"There is my two princesses." He said with a chuckle.

"Where is Lenny?" I asked bitting my lip.

"Dropped out of school and moved in with Mick. Won't be coming home ever again." He said with a smirk.

I felt tears stream down my face as I ran up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door shut and crawled out of my window to the roof. It wasn't long before Ray climbed into my roof and set beside me.

"He is back.... my dads back and Lenny is gone." I said sadly.

"It will be okay, I promise." He said hugging me.

"How do you know it will be?" I asked softly.

"Cause I'm here and I won't let him hurt you." He said with a smile.

I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Thank you Ray." I whispered with a smile, "I don't know what I would do without you."