20

I open my eyes to see Ray asleep beside me in a chair. I smiled as I set up and touched his hand.

"Your awake!" He exclaimed happily.

"How long was I out?" I asked softly.

"A week." He said sadly.

"A week? Wow did I miss anything?" I asked looking up at him.

"We have a new member and there is a time traveling assassin after her. Her name is Zari and she could probably give you a run for your money." Ray said with a smile.

"I'd love to see her try." I said sitting up.

"Calm down. Your still injured." He said softly.

"I am not calming down. I need to have a word with Amaya." I said standing up.

"Okay I understand your a little mad, but she feels horrible about it." Ray said chasing after me.

"I'm not gonna hurt her."

"Why don't I believe you?"

I smiled as I passed a girl with black hair and Jax.

"Lizzy your awake!" Jax exclaimed with a smile.

"I'm not going to hurt Amaya, Ray. And that must be Zari I take it." I said with a smile as I kept walking.

They started to follow me and I made it to the bridge and smiled as I saw Stein and Nate talking.

"Lizzy your awake!" Nate exclaimed happily.

"She is looking for Amaya." Ray said calmly.

"She is in there with Sara." Stein said softly.

"Why did you tell her?" Ray asked as I walked towards the room.

"I'm not gonna hurt her." I said before walking into the room.

"I'm going to kill you!" I yelled as I pushed Amaya against the wall.

"See I knew she lied!" Ray exclaimed as Nate rushed to pull me off of her.

I felt him grab me and I tried to claw my way out of his arms.

"Calm down Lizzy! Let her talk!" Nate yelled.

"I am not going to calm down! I could of died!" I yelled as I pushed him off of me.

"Lizzy calm down and that is a order." Sara said softly.

"No. I want to know why she isn't in a cell! She is out of control and nearly killed me." I said angrily.

"She didn't mean to. She has lost control of her totem." Stein explained.

"Well maybe she should have told us before she put me in a coma!"

"I am sorry Lizzy I didn't mean to hurt you. I swear it was an accident." Amaya said softly.

"Sure. Stay away from me until you get that sorted out." I said walking out of the room.

I pushed past Mick and walked towards my room. I walked into my room and shut the door before sitting on my bed and laying down. After awhile I heard my door open and looked up to see Zari.

"Sorry I'm still learning where everything is." Zari said as she went to leave.

"No it's fine. I'm Lizzy, your Zari right?" I asked with a smile.

"Yea. Nice to meet you while your not in a coma." She said with a smile.

"Same to you. Sorry about earlier. I'm not normally threatening people's lives." I said softly.

"Understandable. I'd threaten her life if she almost killed me too." She said with a smile.

"So what's your story?" I asked leaning back.

"I'm from the year 2042. ARGUS has capture almost all of the meta humans. They killed my brother... and my family. I'm a hacker and I tricked your team into helping me get my brother's totem." She said softly.

"I understand about losing brothers. My older brother Leonard was killed helping us stop a bad guy." I explained.

"Your in a space ship why not go back and save him?"

"I thought about it and.... if I did someone else would have died in his place." I explained.

"I'm sorry." She said softly.

"Don't be. I understand you wanting to save him, but you can't without something changing. You save him and someone else could die in his place." I said softly.

She left the room and I let out a sigh as I leaned back and closed my eyes. I fell asleep and when I woke up it was to Ray shaking me awake.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Come on we are having a team exercise session." Ray said with a smile.

"Alright. Let's go." I said as I stood up and followed him.

I laughed as he had Mick in front of him and went to catch him. Before he caught him though I felt a weird feeling and blacked out for a second.

"What happen?" I asked as I looked around.

"You both died." Nate explained.

"Wait we died, how?" Ray asked looking at me shocked.

"I don't know, but we are going to find out." Sara said calmly.

"When did I die?" I asked shocked.

"1988 you and Ray are found shot in the woods." Sara explained.

"What did you do to get me killed?" Ray asked looking at me angrily.

"Me? It probably was you!" I snapped glaring at him.

"Your the criminal!" He snapped.

"Ten bucks I bet you brought home a stray!"

"A stray isn't gonna shoot us!"

"Alright enough! Now we are going to find out what happen and then you can put the blame on someone." Sara said angrily.

"Bet your dad killed me."

"Then he killed me also." I said annoyed.

We made it to our small town and I let out a groan as Ray was ordered to watch me and I was to watch him. I laughed as Mick told us Ray was stealing.

"Is Lizzy with me?" Ray asked annoyed.

"No it's just you." I said with a smirk.

"I bet you made me do it."

"Just watch me and shut up. Where am I anyways?" I asked confused.

"Your coming towards me." Ray said calmly.

I smiled as I saw twelve year old me rush to Ray and wave at the cashier. She said something to him and then they left. I followed behind the others as we tried to see what was going on. We made it to Ray's house and looked through the window to see me and Ray looking at something under the bed. I saw a baby Dominator crawl out from under the bed and I looked at Ray shocked.

"Guys I think we found what killed us." Ray said softly.