Chapter 3: Contests and Kisses

Chapter 3

As Lilly and I walk into the party, the music was blaring and people were dancing and drinking.

"Jenna!" A guy from my school named Jacob calls my name.

"We've been waiting for you to come so we can have a drinking contest." Jacob says.

"Jenna no." Lilly says grabbing my arm.

"Get lost." I snap at her, then I feel her take her hand off my arm.

"Okay where's the drinks?" I ask smiling.

Last party there was drinks, Jacob and I had a drinking contest. After a few drinks he was wasted, while I wasn't even buzzed. He decalred a re match which we were having right now.

I've been drinking since I was little. My dad used to always let me have sips of his beer, but soon after that they weren't just sips. I had beer to drink for dinner, or when I was just hanging out. My parents were always working they never knew I drank that much. But I could drink a lot of beer before I actually got really drunk.

Jacob leads me to a table with a bunch of beers.

"Okay you know the rules, whoever gets drunk first loses." Jacobs friend Nick says.

"Ready, set, go!" He announces.

We both open our first can of beer and chug it down. Now listen when it came to drinking, I wasn't the most classy person. I mean sometimes I wish I didn't drink, but then I realize it's a habit.

"How you feeling?" Jacob asks me after finishing his first can.

"Wonderful, you?" I ask opening my second can.

"Great."

After two cans, came three cans.

Then four.

Then five.

Then six.

"You are so gonna lose." Jacob says pointing a shaky finger at me.

"I think we have a goner." Nick says waving his hand in front of Jacobs face.

At this point in time, we had a crowd cheering us on.

Jacob blew on Nicks hand, indicating that he lost.

"Our champion, two years in a row!" Nick says holding up my hand.

I was a little out of it, but not completely drunk.

Everyone goes back to dancing and making out with each other.

"Impressive." A familiar voice says.

I turn around to see Daniel leaning against one of the staircases in the mansion. His blonde hair was messy, but sexy at the same time, and he was wearing a white tshirt with jeans.

The only thing I didn't want to do right now is talk to Daniel. So I do the first thing that pops in my head, and that's to act completely drunk.

"You're British accent makes me nervous." I say slurring my words.

"Nevermind I guess you're actually drunk." Daniel says obviously amused.

"No I'm not!" I protest stomping my foot.

"Okay what's the date then love?" He asks taking a step closer to me.

I admit him calling me love gave me chills, but they quickly went away.

"July 4th, 2030." I say confidently.

He laughs then grabs my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"To a room upstairs."

***

"I'll be right back." Daniel says leaving the girly room we were in.

Was Daniel planning on using me?

I'm pretty sure he's getting a condom.

He's not going to rape you!

I tell myself to shut up, and I try to clear my thoughts. I'll just tell Daniel I'm not drunk, and I'm not having sex with him.

Once Daniel comes back in the room, I was about to tell him I wasn't drunk, but I saw what was in his hand.

DID HE HAVE THE MORNING AFTER PILL?

No guy has ever made me this nervous, I've declinded sex plently of times, but it seems harder to do with Daniel.

Before I was about to say something Daniel tells me to sit down.

I sit down on the edge of the bed with butterflies in my stomach.

"Okay here I have some pills that will help with your hangover tomorrow, but I really have to talk to you." Daniel says.

I start to breathe again.

"Yes?" I ask slurring my words

"Okay, but before I start, are you completely drunk?"

Really? That was such a stupid question.

"No, I'm not drunk!" I say rolling on the bed.

He laughs and shakes his head.

"Okay you're probably not going to remember this tomorrow, and this is why I'm telling you it."

"Go on." I say doing a heel stretch, which probably showed to much, but I had spandex under my dress and I have to act drunk.

"Jenna who are you? Sometimes I think you like me, then the next day you act like I don't exist. You act like some amazing queen and it pisses me off, sure you may be Miss. Popular, but you're not that special."

I did not expect that. I thought he was going to tell me his family problems because he didn't have anyone to tell, but he said something about me not being special, which hurt more than it should.

For some reason, I felt like I should tell him my story.

"That's all I have silly, just my stupid high school populartiy. Then after that the worlds yours, I won't get in the way." I say brushing a piece of his hair out of his eyes.

For a minute we're silent, then he leans in, his lips brush over mine. I wanted to speed up the whole process of this kiss, he was teasing me. He was effing teasing me.

Wait, why do I want to Daniel to kiss me?!

Just shut up, and let him kiss you.

"Kiss me." I whisper.

"You're drunk, you don't want this."

"Kiss me." I repeat again.

"No, I want to, but I want to kiss you when you're sober." His British accent seemed more appealing.

"Please, I promise I'll kiss you when I'm sober."

"You better be keeping this promise." He says.

Then I feel his warm lips against mine, his lips move slowly on mine, but it soon heats up. He grazes his tongue against my bottom lip.

I take off his shirt while our lips move together, I run my hand over his six pack, but he stops suddenly.

"What?" I ask.

"Here, you just stay up here and I'll come get you when I leave." Daniel says putting his shirt back on.

"Don't leave me." I whisper, okay maybe I was a little drunk.

He runs his hand through his hair, then sighs.

"Here I'll take you home, I'll go pull my car up, then I'll come back and get you." Daniel says.

"Okay." I say as Daniel leaves the room and closes the door.

I lay down on the bed, and think about what just happened. Did I actually make out with Daniel? Right now it was amazing, but I know when I sobered up I would probably wash out my mouth for an hour.

But I didn't want to hate what happened tonight, I think as I drifted off to sleep.