Chapter 29: Boys are Confusing

Two weeks later

I carry the newly purchased video game in my hand, it was called grand theft auto 5 or something. Chase had me go get it.

When I get in my rented car for the summer, I think about how Chase and I started hanging out. I often thought back to the day we clicked, it wasn't that long ago. But we have been hanging out non-stop, and I often find joy in his gory video games.

I remember seeing Chase at the beach when it was raining, Nicole's car had broke down, and her and Brooke weren't picking up their phones like always.

I eventually decided to go ask Chase for help, in the car ride to my place we talked. He asked me about my life for the first time when he wasn't drunk, and he smiled a bit when I told him about Natalie, and James. I guess he found amusement at my pain.

Once we were in front of Nicole's apartment Chase asked me to come over, I accepted not wanting to be around the girls I was still angry with at the time.

Chase let me play his video games, and we ordered pizza. I realized I liked being around him, I didn't have to act like a model. I could just relax and be myself, but of course it was just friendly.

When I reach Chases apartment door I'm already smiling, I knock on the door and he's smiling, looking down at the newly purchased video game. He's smiled much more than our first encounters with each other.

"I ordered the pizza, go get some while I put the game in." Chase says welcoming me in.

I walk inside his apartment and find the pepperoni pizza on the counter.

"You ate without me?" I ask grabbing a piece.

"I was hungry get over it." Chase says turning the Xbox on.

"Rude." I say sitting next to Chase, I rest my legs on his thighs, as the video game starts up.

Through the game we laugh and shout at each other as we run away from the police.

"Go left, go fucking left!" Chase shouts standing up.

I turn left rather fast, at this point helicopters are even chasing us.

I scream as I run into a mailbox, I get back on the road, but the police catch up with me fast.

"Dammit Jenna." Chase says grabbing my waist on the couch.

I scream as he tickles me, I kick and punch him, but it's no use.

I'm crying by the time he pulls away, tears of laughter rolling down my face.

"Aw don't cry." Chase says smiling.

He leans over doing something shocking, he kisses the tears away. His soft lips taking away the moisture off my face.

I stare with shock at him as he pulls away.

"Was I not supposed to do that?" Chase asks innocently.

"We're friends." I state rather harshly.

"That was friendly." He says throwing his hands up.

I stare at him like he's crazy.

"Like this is." Chase says his voice low, as he gently kisses my lips.

My eyes are wide open as Chase presses his lips up against mine. I realize I like it, it feels right to kiss him back.

I wrap my arms around Chase's sturdy neck, as our lips move together.

He presses me against his couch as he lays on top of me, I wrap my legs around Chase as our kiss heats up.