Chapter 10: Blackmail and Family Problems

All of the blood in my veins froze, and it wasn't because I was freezing cold. Natalie was glaring at me, her face was so red, I don't know if she was embarrassed that I actually won over her boyfriend, or she was just plain angry.

"It's not what you think." Daniel says rushing forward.

"Oh really? You were just about to kiss the girl that made my life hell."

"Oh shut up, you're such a hypocrite." I say throwing my hands in the air.

"You stay out of this, you made me feel like shit my freshmen year." Natalie says crying, and I knew she was being truthful.

"Yes I know, I'm sorry I was a bitch in the past." I say sincerely.

"I feel awful, I just want us to be friends." Okay maybe the last part was a lie.

"Whatever, it's never going to happen. I'm never going to forgive you."

"Listen I get I haven't changed completely, and I've just started to change. But you have to believe me, I've been hurt before and I get it now. I'm sorry."

"Come on, Jenna give us some space, we'll talk this out." Daniel says, grabbing his sweatshirt and taking Natalie inside.

I stand outside in the frosty weather. I don't why, but I almost expected Daniel to tell Natalie that he had feelings for me. But he didn't, he was trying to fix his now broken relationship. I pray Natalie won't forgive him, he didn't deserve anyone, he played with my feelings. He leaned in to kiss me, and it felt so real, I haven't felt something so strong ever.

Maybe I just felt that, maybe Daniel was just playing with me because we were a game, and him and Natalie were real. I was just the piece in the games.

I pick up my long sleeved shirt, and I threw it over my freezing body. I walk outside, thankfully my truck was there, it was unlocked with the keys in the glove box. I turn on the engine, when Daniel comes running out.

"Where are you going?" He asks tapping on my window.

I roll it down, then I answer quietly "Home, I'm not feeling too well, tell Natalie I'm sorry again." I say tucking a piece of damp hair behind my ear.

"What's wrong Jenna?" He asks quietly.

"Nothing." I answer rolling up my window.

"Jenna."

"Daniel."

"I'm not playing games."

"Oh but you were a couple of minutes ago." I say casually.

"Jenna not this again."

"What the hell is it?! Why do you lean in? Why do I let you?" I ask frantically.

"I ask myself the same question. I don't know Jenna, when I'm with you something comes up. When I'm not with you I think I can control it, but I can't. I'm so sorry, I don't mean to play with your feelings, but something just takes control of me."

"What-" I begin to ask when Natalie comes out the front door, she looks happy and cheerful, which tells me her and Daniel made up.

"I'm sorry Jenna for being so mean to you, after what Daniel told me, I know it wasn't at all his fault." Natalie says with a happiness, which sounded so real, but I knew it wasn't.

"Wait so what'd he tell you?" I ask curiously.

"Oh that's not important anymore! Please stay Jenna." Daniel pleads.

I finally catch on, Daniel blamed me for our almost-kiss.

"I think I'm coming up with something, but hey you two have fun!" I say cheerfully.