Chapter 5: All Boys are Jerks

Everybody hates my Mondays. They're a curse from the devil. I was more pissed that it was a Monday because I couldn't hang out with Daniel. On Sunday we went to the movies again, but we saw one of his choice. It was a movie with a lot of blood obviously. Daniel was growing on me, not in a romantic way, but friendly. Because that's all I wanted right now, a friend.

"Bye mom!" I call from the door.

"Jenna wait!" My mom calls.

I stand impatiently by the door as my mom runs downstairs.

"Are you actually going to school on time?" She asks smiling.

"Mom, don't think this is a normal thing, I just got bored." I say slowly.

"Okay." My mom says smiling as she walks back up the stairs.

Oh she so expected this tomorrow.
***
"He carried you outside!" Alie says.

"I'm aware." I say as we walk outside from school.

"He so likes you." Lilly adds.

"Even if he did I don't like him." I say walking towards my truck, but something blue caught my eye in my truck.

As I get closer I realize they're blue roses. I sprint towards the bed of my truck and pick up the flowers.

They read on them in small print,
"Queen, I would like to formally invite you to eat pizza with my brother and I. He's coming in from England tonight. I'll pick you up at 6.
-American/British boy

I smile at the note, he choose the blue flowers because I told him I hated pink and red roses.

"I'm guessing this is from Daniel." Nikki says looking over my shoulder at the note.

I spin around before any of them could do anything about it.

"Listen, I need my damn privacy stop following me around like a lost puppy 24/7 I'll see you all tomorrow goodbye." I say getting in my truck.

I take one glance back to see the 3 girls looking at me with the saddest expression. Ugh, they frustrate me.
***
"What do I wear?!" I scream looking at myself in the mirror.

I don't know if I'm supposed to dress formally, or casual.

I had to constantly remind myself we were eating pizza, but they were from England.

I go through my closet for the 50th time, but this time I run into a casual flower dress that I could wear with converse.  Even though the dress was for spring, I was still going to wear it.  I was kind of warm outside, I guess.

Finally! Now time for my hair, I could straighten it, or curl it. For some reason I felt the urge to do something new with it, like put it in a fish tail. I just needed to learn how to fish tail...

I look up how to fish tail hair on my computer, and in 10 minutes my hair was perfectly fish tailed.

I add natural makeup on, and a light layer of lip gloss. I had 6 minutes to spare.

I scroll through my Twitter feed as I wait for Daniel to arrive. Finally I hear the door bell ring. I answer the door with the biggest smile on my face. I was beyond excited for tonight.

Daniel was wearing a navy blue hoodie with jeans, and he held a single orange rose in his hands.

"So now you're taking after Augustus Waters?" I ask looking at the rose.

"Nope, he had a bouquet of flowers, and they were tulips."

"And now you know everything about The Fault in Our Stars." I say smiling.