Chapter 20: I'm a Jealous Mess

The girl hugs Daniel then jumps out of his arms and smiles at him.

"I missed you so much." She says hugging him again.

"I missed you too. Why are you here?" Daniel asks her excitedly.

"They moved my dad to the same company they moved yours to."

"I completely forgot your dad was moved here" The girl adds.

"This is impossible!" Daniel says excitedly.

"I know. This completely made my day." The girl says smiling with her perfect teeth.

"Oh Jenna, this is Marilyn." Daniel says introducing me.

"Marilyn, this is my friend Jenna." Daniel adds.

I barely have time to flinch at the word "friend" before Marilyn hugs me. I recognize the
name from when Andrew brought it up at lunch when Daniel and I were first friends.

"Nice to meet you, but I go by the name Samantha. Dan just calls me Marilyn to annoy me." She says shooting 'Dan' a look.

"Why Samantha?" I ask in a bored tone.

"It's my middle name, now let's go get some Starbucks from the dining room."

I groan, at her rich girl attitude.
***
"You okay?" Daniel asks whispering, his deep voice giving me shivers.

"I'm fine." I say stabbing my Mac and cheese.

"This cheap coffee, is not Starbucks." Samantha says tapping her polished pink nails on the foam cup.

"It's a public school, get over it." I say in a bitch tone.

"Babe." Daniel says grabbing my hand under the lunch room table.
I pull away and bite my lower lip.

"I'll give you guys some privacy." Samantha says getting up from the table and strutting away, getting plenty of looks.

Daniel stays quiet for a bit, then he quietly talks up.

"I have this feeling that you're jealous."

I take a breath nod my head.
"She's gorgeous, and you guys obviously have history." I say
quietly.

Daniel laughs and kisses my hand.
"We're just friends, we've always been just friends. I promise, she was my best friend in London. We did everything together, but there's nothing going on between us." Daniel says smiling.

"Thank God, I could never compete with her." I say smiling.

"Trust me you would definitely win a guy over if you guys were competing for one."

"Aw you're so sweet." I say kissing Daniels cheek.

"That's all I get?" Daniel asks grumpily.

"We're in public." I say quietly.

"You can still sneak one."

"I'm not going to take that chance until after school."

Daniel pouts adorably as Samantha takes a seat at our table.

"So did Daniel tell you that everything between us is over?" She asks smiling.
***
"I'm ignoring you." I say tapping my fingers on Daniels car.

"I'm your ride home!" He says laughing.

I glare at him, and take a deep breath.

"I'll walk." I say faking a smile.

"Come on." Daniel says grabbing my arm lightly.

"Help someone help! This boys harassing me!" I scream as loud as I can. Students rush inside to get someone.

"Jenna shut the fuck up. What the hell?" Daniel says letting go of me.
The principal rushes outside towards us, I start to fake cry.

"What happened here?" He asks worried.

"He touched me inappropriately, right after I dumped him!" I say fake sobbing.

"She's fucking lying sir, she's just jealous of me and my best friend who moved here." Daniel says clenching his jaw, which is sexy.

"Language Mr. Johnson. Come with me." The principal says taking the sleeve of Daniels shirt, and drags
him towards school.

Daniel looks back at me giving me a look that said "you're a bitch."
***
Daniel picks up his book bag as he leaves the principals office. I rush towards him.

"I'm so sorry, that was really immature."

Daniel ignores me walking to his car, it was well past dark.

"Daniel stop! I said I'm sorry, we're even okay?" I say stopping on top of our schools steps. As I spoke, my breath came out in white puffs.

Daniel turns around and looks at me.

"Jenna that was the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. I felt really bad for not telling you that Marilyn and I had a thing, but once you did that all of my guilt disappeared."

"It's not that big of deal." I say quietly.

"No Jenna, it is. It went on my record, that I molested a girl. And the principal said I probably wouldn't be able to go back to London and attend college there." Daniel says getting quiet at the end.

"You were going to attend college in London?"

"I was going to tell you, that's my home."

"I'm still sorry." I say.

"I thought you said you'd changed, but you're just the same girl who doesn't think about anything she does." Daniel says then walks away.

"Oh and get your own ride home."