Chapter 2: Preparation For the Party

Chapter 2
The rest of the week dragged on, I didn't talk to Daniel except for the occasional smile or wave. The whole week Nikki told everyone "Daniel so liked me", but I wasn't convinced. Nikki was just living in a fairy tale, she has been ever since 1st grade. Anyways I didn't even like Daniel, British boys annoyed me. I used to think there attractive, but now actually knowing one drove me insane.

"I think Daniels going to make a move on you tonight." Nikki says as we walk to lunch.

I turn to her slowly, I was holding onto my lunch bag tightly taking my anger out onto it.

"Nikki, calm your ass. I don't like him, I won't let him make a move on me, and I'm sure he doesn't want to make a move on me."

Right after I say this Daniel comes over to me and bows down.

"See you tonight, I'll text you tonight for the address." He says British accent holding an emotion I couldn't tell.

"Kill me now." I say after Daniel walks away.
***
"She's sitting on his lap." Alie says disgust in her voice.

"Wow, that's unusual." I say unamused.

"What's up with you? He's so hot, and you're not even trying to get his attention." Lilly says twirling her hair on her finger.

They all gasp at once, oh god not this again.

"Are you lesbo?" They all ask at once.

"Holy shit, just cause I'm not interested in a guy doesn't mean I'm lesbian!" I say getting up from the table and storming away.

I don't know what I'm doing, but I sit down at Natalie's table, she was currently sitting on Daniels lap her face joyful.

Once she saw me her joyful face was taken over by a scared look.

I know what she thought, I came here to stole the boy she liked. I felt kind of bad for her, I took her spot as queen of the school, and now she was afraid of me. She was plain gorgeous, her long dark hair always straight and glossy. She always wore cowgirl boots with jeans or jean shorts, except to parties where she wore leggings and sandals.

"Hey." I say taking a bite of my pizza.

"Hi." She says forcing a smile.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" I ask smiling genuinely.

"Uh yep."

"Cool, I hope it's good, I mean we haven't had a good party in awhile."

"You should host one!"

"My house isn't that big, but maybe you should host one."

"You think so?" She says smiling.

"I know so." I say.

He lunch bell rings announcing lunch was over.

Natalie left smiling with her friends from the table, which left me and Daniel.

"That was nice of you, she told me you scared her." He says smiling.

"I scare a lot of people." I say shrugging.

"You don't scare me."

"If I tried I could."

"I doubt it, you're too cute." He says reaching over the table to pinch my cheeks.

I slap his hand away.

"I'll see you to tonight." He says getting up.

That was like the hundredth time he said that, I think to myself.
***
"You look so pretty!" Lilly says.

I thank her as do one last mirror check. I wore a tight red dress that was strapless and went a few inches above my knees. My long hair was straightened, and my makeup was a heavy and glittery.

My phones buzzes in my hand. I look at the contact, but it was a number I didn't have.

"Hey it's Daniel(: what's the address?"

I text the address then Lilly and I leave in her yellow Mustang, let's just say she was a little spoiled.

The house was blaring music when Lilly and I pulled up, which wasn't usual. Usually there was quiet music while people sat in the living room playing Sorry.

Lilly and I both look at each other smiling. Of course we have these parties occasionally, when people grind against each other, and when there's alcohol. Oh how I was excited for tonight.