Chapter 34: The Reunion Part 1

I slip on my light violet silk dress. It's a long, strapless, and nice fitting gown. I stare in the mirror, it doesn't look right on me. I feel like it should be on a model, not a 17 year old Missouri girl.

Nicole had finished my hair about twenty minutes ago, along with my makeup. I look like I should be in a movie, my hair tied up fancily on top of my head. The gown shows my curves well, and the back is low cut.

I look as radiant as the sun or a full moon. I can see I look beautiful in Nicole's eyes, she stares at me in awe.

"You look beautiful." Nicole says fixing my hair a bit.

"I feel like I'm going to trip walking up the aisle." I mumble running my hands over my silk dress.

"You're not, just think of everyone in their underwear."

I laugh at Nicole's comment, that had never worked me as a child, it always made me much more uncomfortable.

"You're on in five." My mom's wedding planner says popping her head in the door.

"Thanks." I say quietly.

My eyes meet the ones in the mirror in front of me. I still don't believe them, the girl who stands in the mirror before me is gorgeous. Her eye makeup is dark yet it makes her look strong and bright. Her pulled back hair is flawless, and her dress seems to bring out all of her nonexistent curves. This girl isn't some kid who looks 14, she is dazzling.

I walk down the stairs after five minutes. I push down my nerves as I walk down the mahogany stairs.

I join my step brother, Logan, he can be mistaken as my real brother by our similar characteristics. He's a few inches taller than me, and he has my same hair. I've met him once, he's nice but a little full of himself.

"Hey." I say linking my arm in his.

"You look nervous." He says chuckling.

"I am." I say smiling slightly.

"Go." The wedding planner whispers to us.

I take a wary step through the doors leading outdoors to the wedding. The warm breeze hits me instantly, it feels good on my bare shoulders. I lean onto Logan, if I let go I'll trip.

I can feel eyes on us, taking our appearance in, I smile slightly as I walk up to the altar.

When my mom walks down the aisle after us, all eyes are on her. She the most beautiful person here, her blonde hair tied up on her head. She wears a blindly smile as she stares into her soon to be husband, David's, eyes.

I zone out once the ceremony starts. I stare at the decorations in the wedding, the flowers that line the aisles, and the canopy that hangs over us. While I'm examining the wedding I make eye contact with a pair of familiar hazel eyes.

Daniel smiles slightly as we make eye contact. Besides the fact that he's tanner and his hair is lighter, he hasn't changed much. He did get more muscular though. I wait for myself to fall in love with him again, but nothing changes. I still like Chase, and I'm still set on not running back to Daniel.

A smile plays on my lips as I turn away from the handsome Daniel. The vows are said, people awe and clap.

Soon enough people are clapping as David kisses my mother, they walk down the aisle together. We follow her into the house then into a stretch limo to the reception. Conservations are held throughout the limo.

Soon we're dropped off at a large building when the sun is kissing the horizon creating a brilliant orange color.

I follow the people into the building. I stop in smile when they file into a large dark room filled with music. My mom is truly happy, she smiles brightly now without a worry in the world. David makes her happy, not a happy I can ever bring into her life, a certain love.