Chapter 8: Thanksgiving and Giggles

Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday. My brother came home from college, my mom took off work, and my dad called from wherever he was.

I get in my truck eager for the last day until thanksgiving break. Daniel talked to Natalie and told her I was having a rough time, and she apologized which I knew was fake because she flipped me off when Daniel wasn't looking. But I wasn't bothered because I had a friend now.

As I'm driving to school I feel my phone buzz on my lap, and pick it up then read the caller idea, it was a number I didn't have. The location it was coming from was LA, CA.

I answer hesitantly. "hello who is this?" I ask confused.

"You already forgot me?" a familiar voice asked over the phone.

I have a mini spasm and drop my phone, but I pick it up immediately.

"Um..." I act like I didn't know who this person was.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I don't have this number."

"It's Brooke, Brooke your best friend."

I wanted to say so many things to her, I wanted to tell her she wasn't my best friend.

"Oh hi." I say nonchalantly.

"Just a 'hi' for your best friend you haven't seen in a year?!" Brooke asks like it's a shocker.

"You're not my best friend." I snip at her.

"Oh come on, are you best friends with Natalie now? Remember how we took her down when she was 'queen bee' last year? God I miss you so much."

"You never called me."

"Um yeah? Sorry I've been really busy."

"Not once."

"Jenna, listen I'm sorry but it's hard for me too."

"You changed your number."

"Jenna."

"And you never contacted me."

"Jenna calm down."

"And the worst part is you never even told me you were moving across the country."

"Jenna-" Brooke starts, but I hang up and quickly block the number.

I throw my phone on the passenger seat frustrated.
***
"One for how beautiful you are." Daniel says planting a kiss on Natalie's neck.

"One for your amazing personality." he continues kissing her jaw.

We were in the school parking lot after school, Daniel told me to meet him out here because he wanted to go to a movie with me and Natalie. But once I got here they were in a full romance mood. I stood against Daniels Camry, hearing Natalie disgustingly groan while Daniel was kissing her.

I weirdly remember me in that situation, I shiver thinking about that.

"One for how sweet you are." Daniel says kissing Natalie's cheek. Natalie was closing her eyes and enjoying every moment.

"One for how funny you are." Daniel says kissing her nose.

"And one for just being you." Daniel says kissing her lips. It soon turns out to be a full makeup session.

I quickly put on my sunglasses and go through twitter. After 5 minutes I was worried this might go somewhere.

"Okay guys no sex in the parking lot." I say.

Daniel pulls away panting slightly, his muscular arms were wrapped around Natalie, almost protectively. I feel a slight knot at the bottom of my stomach, but I shove it away.

"Yeah, we don't want to miss the movie." Daniel says getting in his car.

Natalie turns around "jealous?" She mouths before getting in the passenger seat.

Great I was really third wheeling.
***
I hear the disgusting sounds of Daniel and Natalie making out, as I try to watch the cheesy romance movie.

I should stop agreeing to go places with them, my mind wanders to other things. Thanksgiving was tomorrow and I was beyond excited. I was going to hang out with my brother all day, maybe even play football with him like he always wants me to do. My mom will cook food and we'll just gather around the dinner table and talk about life. I squeal inside my head.

I rest my head back into the seat, I've had a long tiring week...

I fall asleep to the disgusting sounds of two people trying to suck out each other's mouths.
***
"Daniel stop." I mumble while laughing. He peppers me with little kisses, they were quite slobbery but I didn't mind. butterflies danced in my stomach when I hear a voice laugh.

My eyes flutter open and I see Daniel looking down at me, while a puppy lab was licking my face.

I don't know what happened next, but I was so happy about thanksgiving, and Daniel looked so cute laughing. This is a dream, why would I be in Daniels bed?

I giggle like a little kid who has candy, and I pull Daniel down and I kiss his lips passionately.