Chapter 6: I've Been Replaced by the Peasant

I drag myself out of bed. I was in the worst mood ever, I don't even know why I was moving so fast. I end up getting school 5 minutes early. I sit at my desk impatient for class to start, for a distraction. Soon the lesson starts, I write down notes and pay attention as best as I can. At lunch I would sit with the girls and drown myself with drama. It was going to be okay I kept reminding myself.
***
I walk in the lunchroom alone, usually Nikki, Lily, and Alie were waiting for me, but they were nowhere in sight. I see them at our table, with Daniel and Natalie. And they were all blabbering to Natalie.

"Hey." I say slowly approaching my table.

All 3 of the girls glare at me. I was highly offended.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask confused.

"Stop acting like a clueless mutt. You treat us like shit, but Natalie actually is nice to us. Get lost, nobody likes you anymore." Lily says flipping her hair.

"Okay, whatever you guys think. You're only the clique that sucks people asses." I say walking away like a boss, but then suddenly a foot flys in front of me, I trip over it landing on my face.

I look up to see Natalie tripped me. She was snickering with everyone at her table, and the worst part was that Daniel was sitting there.
***
"Everything's fine, you're fine." I say walking home from school. My car ran out of gas before I could even leave the school parking lot.

My mom wouldn't be home from work until late tonight, and I didn't really have anyone to help me out. I start humming songs as it starts to rain.

Oh this is perfect.

I wish Brooke was here, my best friend that moved to Cali. I would have someone to stick up for me, but I had nobody.

When I get home I didn't want to sulk so I do my math homework, which leads to world history, then to Latin, and I was done. It was only 9 p.m. so I start watching comedy shows on Netflix, at around 11 I get tired enough that I can go to bed and not think about the day.
***
I wake up to more rain, it rained all last night, and it didn't look like it was about to stop.

I throw my hair in a ponytail because I was almost late for school. I then put a sweater on with leggings. I put some mascara and concealer on but that's it.

I quickly get in my truck that my mom got back to me.

I end of getting to school right on time.

"Nicole, Lizzy, Riley." My teacher calls for homework.

I raise my hand slowly.

"Yes Jenna?" He asks.

"You forgot me."

"Oh I just stopped calling your name after you never turned in your homework."

"Well I have it today."

"Oh wonderful! Bring it up to me!" My teacher says excitedly.

I turn in my papers, then I sit next to Daniel, sadly my assigned seat.

"I'm sorry okay?" I say whisper to Daniel.

But he just ignores me and takes notes.

"Daniel?"

No response.

"Danielll?" I ask again.

No response.

"Dannyyy" I say stretching out the y in his nickname.

"Shut up!" Daniel snaps at me. This causes everyone to look at us, the teacher was writing something on the board and explaining the chapter of the boring book we were reading.

"Jenna and Daniel, if there's something you need to talk about it, then you can talk about it while you go to the principals office."

I get up slowly and walk out into the hallway, I hear Daniel walking behind me.

"Listen, we had a little fight it's not a big deal." I say letting Daniel catch up to me.

"Jenna." Daniel says stopping.

"What?" I ask stopping too.

"I have to tell you something. I'm not talking to you because I'm mad, which I kind of am, but there's another reason. Meet me by my car after school." Daniel says then keeps walking.
***
The rest of the day I was jumpy. I couldn't help it I had no idea what Daniel was going to say. I sat alone at lunch today, Natalie was now my regular bully. She spread rumors, and tripped me a lot. I wanted to slap her across the face. Nikki, Alie, and Lily whispered to Natalie whenever I was around. Natalie always laughed at what they said, but hey that didn't bother me.

I chew on the eraser on my pencil eager for History to end, my last class of the day. I tried paying attention, but I found myself more concentrated on the rain pattering on the windows.

The bell finally rings, I jump up and leave the class, the first one out.

I quickly put some books in my bag, then throw a jacket on and I put the hood up.

I grab my keys and I head out. I walk around the parking lot looking for Daniels car when something catches my eye.

Daniel was making out with Natalie on his car.