Chapter Thirty Two - The Timing Is Just Great

Dedicated to @Sarahluvsbvb for sharing her TBBAM related story with me in the last chap and for being a great reader :) <3

Chapter Thirty Two - The Timing Is Just Great

So apparently, I was wrong. In fact, after confronting to Ray today, tonight was worse than last night- way worse. I don't think I even slept a wink.

Yesterday, my legs led me to my bedroom at home, where I jumped to the bed and sobbed, trying to stop my heart from hurting. I skipped dinner, thankfully, my mom had a meeting and came home late, and I pretended to be asleep so that she didn't have to worry or ask what was wrong. In addition to that, I ignored all my phone calls and texts. Sitting on my bed with my knees up to my chest and with a jar of nutella and a bucket of icecream, I cried- and ate.

As a result, the next day, I woke up with eye bags and red swollen eyes. My head was pounding and my mom declared that I had a fever and that I should skip school and rest.

To say that I was glad was an understatement. Sure, people would think that I must be so heartbroken to not attend school, but I don't care, I really don't want to show my face to the popular crowd, especially him.

And now, here I am, laughing as I watch a comedy movie while scooping a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. Mom had already left for her work, not after asking if I'd be okay alone at home, to which, I said I'd be fine.

I check the time. It was already 12 and I was pretty hungry; the chocolate and ice cream weren't enough to fill my stomach so I make my way to the kitchen where my mom had said that she'd left some lasagna in the fridge.

I reheat the lasgana before taking it to my room to eat.

"Yumm! Can't believe that idiot made me skip dinner on such delicious food," I mutter to myself as I stuff my mouth with the cheesy lasagna.

After I was done, I go back to my room and my mind start recollecting yesterday's events.

"Don't tell me, you actually believed me?"

"I don't care because there's no way I'd like someone as boring and plain as you."

"Even our friendship wasn't real. Everything was a lie."

Tears start pouring out of my eyes and my heart starts hurting even more. Looks like even food can't mend a broken heart.

Everything was a lie.

Lie, lie, lie.

LIE.

Fucking hell. I hate this feeling; I hate how much my heart hurts and I hate how vulnerable and weak I feel. I hate showing any signs of weakness to anyone, but there are times when I'm weak, and so helpless, times like now.

I don't want to keep crying like this. I want to walk down the school halls with my head held up high and scream "I don't care!" I want to show Ray that he can't ruin me.

And that's what exactly I'll do.

_ _ _ _ _

I made sure I got plenty of sleep last night. I look around the parking lot, searching for a particular somebody. Instead, I find boys checking me out.

I mentally roll my eyes. Just because I was dressed more fashionably and had a little bit (only a little bit, mind you) of makeup on didn't mean I'd turn into a different looking girl. But apparently for the guys, it was different, as they'd never checked me out when I used tees and jeans.

I was dressed in a skater skirt and a white tank top, with a brown leather jacket and Dr Marten's. My hair was let loose and I had red lipstick and a little bit of eyeshadow on.