Swaggersouls // bonnie & high

A/n: I apologise for the title, it's my poor attempt at a joke. I realised that half of you won't know who Bonnie & Clyde are 🤧 I suggest reading about them, I don't want to glorify crime but they're so cute!

Eric isn't really a party boy, he never was, even when he was a small child he tried his best to avoid these awkward events. The only times he finds himself involved in the party scene nowadays is when his roommate throws a party. Even so, those are only small one's allocated to the small population of stoners that thrive in the university.

He never really understood the appeal anyway, the idea of standing in a cramped room was off-putting enough. Eric couldn't help but picture parties as an excuse to get completely and utterly shit-faced off of drugs and alcohol.

Nope, parties definitely weren't his thing at all. He wanted nothing more than to be on his computer playing counter strike with his friends. He'd even play that gay baby game, fortnite, if it meant that he could be at home.

But today is different.

Swagger broke his pc while high last night. He somehow managed to stay sober for two weeks as a tolerance break; the result was him rolling himself the biggest blunt he's ever kept to himself. He was so high that it casted a smokey film over his vision and his entire face felt so numb he couldn't feel the massive grin plastered upon his face.

He was so intoxicated that he felt like he was on top of the world. This caused him to get too excited and regrettably yet enthusiastically spend $100 on fortnite, knocking his bong on his pc during the whole ordeal.

The look of horror rolling over his face must have been hilarious to see if you were anyone else but him. Due to his busy life at uni Eric never quite had the time to clean his bong. This meant that month old dirty bong water was spilt all over his PC. What was even more tragic was that he was equally sad about the loss of his beloved bong.

He'd taken it to a tech shop just outside the campus in hopes to get it fixed by the night time. To his dismay, it wouldn't be repaired for another three days.

Eric felt bored to tears within a few hours without his computer, he had no idea how he could last the night.

Fortunately for him, the dorm next door was throwing a party and the whole university was invited. Now, Eric's distaste toward partying is already painfully evident but what else did he have left?

You sighed and looked at yourself in the mirror for a final time before heading out. No matter how many times you touch up your lipstick or fix your eyeliner it'll never look perfect. Your constant strive for perfection was becoming incredibly tiring and it only gets worse with your growing anxiety.

Just like Eric, you've always had an unjustified dislike towards the whole partying thing. The only reason that you're going tonight is that your friend insisted that you go since "the whole university is going".

This is where you and Eric differ with your reasoning against it. You've always suffered from crippling anxiety, there's no point in sugar coating it. That's what it was, confidence strangling, heartbreaking, soul-crushing, life straining anxiety. After refusing to start prescription drugs you felt like life was always going to be a terrifying experience. You started self-medicating a few years ago and never looked back.

You pick your bag from the side and check that your much-needed medication was still hidden away in the zip pocket. It was, lay patiently next to black zippo lighter in a little plastic bag in the zip pocket.