chapter 31: Moodacashe

authors note: listen to this great song while reading the first part of the chapter! it what I imagine to be the background.

its finally here. I knew it. my skin haad already formed a golden layer. I would be a true moodacashe In a matter of minutes. It was hard to breath. everything that had happened this year was coming to and end. I avoided tharzius as much as possible and hid everything, my wings, my horns, and my skin. he couldn't know what I was just yet.

tharzius was at the diner, coming out of the door which was the door that Justin and will presumed to be hell.he had a knife in his hand, and a serious look in his face, seemed to be his only look.

I went to the green building and sat in the back back. " hey! that's my seat" connor said. I ignored him. he eventually moved but scoffed. Justin sat next to me. "hey" he said lifting my hood. I put my head on his shoulder. we were both ignoring the inevitable. "tharzius told me something" I started. " what?" Justin said. "he thinks I don't love you" I told him. Justin laughed, " that's what Parker said" he tried to cover his concern. I wasn't sure what to say after that. " its not you, Justin. its this stupid leaf. it changed me" I said. "are you serious? parker was right" Justin exclaimed, " you don't love me". "I do , I just cant comprehend the love I have for you" I explained, " but when we kiss there is no spark like there was when we first kissed. Justin that was love" I told him. he tried to kiss me but I stopped him. " we both know this has died. I didn't want to tell you" I said. " who is it" his pained face asked. " its tharzius, isn't it. or will?". "No, ofcourse it not. Do I have to love someone else" I told him. The truth was, I had an idea on how to protect justin and Parker, but I didn't want them to interfere. So cutting ties had to be the answers. Justin picked up his stuff and moved to two rows down. "Justin!" I called. He ignored me and sat next to someone else.

Parker soon entered and sat down next to me. " I'm not gonna ask about you an justin" she opened her book. "And I'm not gonna ask why you told him I don't like him" I snapped. "Well it's obvivously true" she shrugged. " if you want justin then take him. I have my emotions back remember, and I haven't forgiven you for what you did. I'm not the only one who has hurt our friendship" I admitted.

"I know. But I don't LIEK justin. I was caught up int he moment. An inconsiderate friend, and I'm sorry" Parker said, "but scarlet. You killed someone. And me and will have known you since you we were born, and under that new golden skin you have.." she started to say. "You saw that?" I I looked down. L I'm your roommate, I woke up before you and saw it" parker smirked. "Anyway. Besides whatever kind of skin it is, there is someone, caring and innocent" Parker reminded me. "And the fact you went with Tharzius, behind my back, killed someone, that's not you. Why don't you let me help" Parker asked. "I always do, but I didn't have my emotions. And I thought Tharzius would understand because he is a demon" I told her. "He let you be tortured. All afternoon till like 1:00 in the morning. What kind of person are you letting yourself trust" Parker asked again. I gave her hug, I had not more words. I held the hug and a tear dropped down my eye.

Mr Cheng didn't come to class, and we left. Plus my stomach was hurting a lot. It might of healed but maybe the muscle was still torn. I walked back holding hands with Parker, justin walking steadily behind us. "Justin" I looked behind me, " wanna join the conversation?" I asked. Will was probabaly still in school, but I was glad to not have him right now. "No, I have better things to do" he ran to his his other friends who were walking.

"Whatever happened to Connor, we never solved his case" i asked Parker. I looked at the friend group of Justin's and realized Connor wasn't there. I looked around me and he wasn't there. " I just saw him" i told Parker. We ignored it and walked to the dorms. We hung out at the grey couch and Justin's friends hung out across from us. L "shouldn't they be at the dinner?" I asked Parker. But then I remembered, what he thought he saw. The doors to heaven and hell, if that was even a thing, might of freaked him out. But then I realized something else. "I... we have to go" I got up. Parker cocked her head. " they are here" I told her. "Hmm? Who, the people justin saw" she whispered. I nodded my head. We ran outside. I could see them in the distance. They were walking on a field of grass on the outskirts of Rubitha.

"They are getting their armour from somewhere. And if justin is right, that door is at the diner. So they are here" I ducked in the bushes. " they'll destroy this place" Parker explained. " I have to deal with them" I got up from the bush. Parker pulled me back down. "NO! What are you crazy. Tharzius said you were no match" Parker screeched. "Where is he now" I got up. " if I don't they'll expose all of this and probably kill everyone" I told her . "They are not savages" she says. "They are not?" I told her. For all we know, they could be rocket scientists's. But what mattered is that they were out for me. I walked from the bush and started trekking to the outskirts. Tharzius popped with a red puff of smoke right in front of me "JESÚS CHRIST" I jumped. "Stop scaring me like that" I gasped. " what do you think your doing" his face was neutral, lips pursed. " you can't stop me" I told him. He quickly took out his wings, yanked me, and suddenly we were on the roof. "Oh yes I can, because I'm not dumb like you" he sat down. "Now, let's enjoy the view. " will they kill everyone?" I said. "No of course not. They'll burn this place to a crisp. But if you go now, then they won't harm anyone. Remember, they are a form of a demon" he told me.

I already had this conversation. I wouldn't just leave everyone for... nothing. But they would be safe. I couldn't be selfish. I had to revert to my old self. Tharzius read my mind. " just.. go" he said, "I'll go with you" he bit his lip. I knew that he may accompany me, but it was never said out loud like that. I could tell the regret on his face. But he brushed it off. He was more tense than ever," if... we... can go now, your friends will be spared." He explained. " you said you would kill me" I looked at down to the bottom of the building. we were to high uo for me to jump, and to noticeable for me to use my wings.

"little thing on that, if I kill you now, I wont get any power. like we've established, your a different moodacashe, with the expired leaves and such. but heaven hasn't told the SO's yet, so they are still after you" tharzius explained. I don't know if he was telling the truth or maybe he didn't want to kill me. but either way I knew I had him on my side for a while.

I eventually got down and layed onn my bed, staring at the beige ceiling. I had to go, but I would abandon my friends. but, abandonment is better than death. I couldn't bring them along, either. because if we do get found, they could be hurt. and they need to live their life. I need to, make sure I have a life to live. ill live my life better. I had made my decision, but parker looked at me weirdly. " what are you thinking about?" she asked. "just us and Justin" I told her. " he'll come around" she said. " I dont know" I told her.

Justin layed sprawled on his bed contemplating this morning." she doesn't love me" he told himself. " she played me, hard" Justin said. he was broken, and wanted to lash out. as much as he hated me, he still wanted me under his arm, laying on his shoulder.

I realized I am a selfish person. when I have him I don't want him and when I don't have him I long for him. I didn't know what to do. but I needed to end things well before I left. which may be tomorrow. I dialed his number.

he saw my call, and his phone buzzed in his hand, him wondering what would happen if he picked up. he declined my call.

I softly put my phone down and put my hands to my face. I ruined everything.