chapter 3: old friends that I never want to see.. or do I?

Quick update from the author: OMG THIS IS WHERE THE DRAMA STARTS!

    " Scarlet" the trees sang with the wind. The sun had risen, but its rays blinded me. I could not see anything but what i smelled was amazing. I started to drool and i forcefully follow the smell. My teeth started to bare like an animal would when attacking prey, and i pounced. Without any thought, my teeth sank into the muscle of something. It was instinct. I heard a muscle tear as i ate whatever i was eating. I soon realized it was a human, when the sun got blocked by the trees. I wanted to throw up, how could i eat that, how was i a cannibal. I wanted to stop, i wanted to so bad, but the hunger i was feeling took over my body and i ate the whole person, till only a pile of bones was left. I cried in shame that i was a cannibal and that i enjoyed the meal so much. But suddenly a tree puts a mirror to my face, and i wasn't a cannibal... because i wasn't human...

    " wake up!" Parker slaps me awake. " dude!" i said, " im awake". " its the the first day of college, we made it" Parker says. She drags me out of bed and sends me to the bathroom to shower. Even though parker was a huge couch potato, ate chips and listen to sad depressing music all day, she knew she had to get awake. She didn't have to do much she was already beautiful. She had golden brown locks and beautifully tanned skin, she was everything a guy would ever want, plus she played fortnite. 

I take a quick shower and start to blowdry my hair while parker straightens hers. My cheek was a little red from her slap. Following my eyes, parker notices what is disrupting me. She slaps me on the other cheek. " OMG CHILL" i yell at her. " now you're even, so it looks like a little blush" she laughs. I put on a black and white thin striped top and some jeans and boots. I throw on a denim jacket and grab my backpack. 

We walk out the door and down the stairs. Not many people were down yet, it was still early. Parker picks up he bussing phone from her pocket, " Amanda, no im with someone right now, no, no problem" she talks on the phone. " wait, he's hot? Does he like panic and the disco? YES i love him i'll be there in like two" Parker puts her phone down. " a hot teacher likes emo music and i'm dying i have to show him my playlist" parker hugs me, " is it ok if i go and leave you?". " ya" i laugh. She laughs too but realized how dumb she is for leaving me for this reason. She hugs me again, " this is the only way i can distract myself from sleeping, love you" she shuffles down the stairs and burst out the door.

 I walk down the stairs and sit myself in the lobby. I think about yesterday, wondering if i'll see mr. cheng or if i'll go to the diner again. I also worry about my dream. What is the isolation trying to tell me?" not things to worry about on the first day of college" i tell myself. Suddenly, the couch shifts when a person sits next to me. I don't want to turn to my right, i already know who it is, justin.

" it's been a long time" he says. " ya, it has" i nod. " c'mon scarlet, i know you missed me" he said in a malicious way. I finally turn and face him. " i thought you moved, i thought you went to boarding school and never came back" i said. " I never went back to toppleberry, but my last two years of college have all been in Rubitha" Justin said. " Does will know your here" i ask. " no, are you going to tell him?" justin said. " no, your not that important" i said. He puts his arm around my shoulder, " i'm pretty important". His presence made me uncomfortable. " how can you remember me, it was so long ago" i said. " i would remember you forever, our families were so close" justin said. I shrugged his arm off my shoulder. " we were close" he said.  

"I hope you know i'm in a relationship with Will" i said. Justin started to laugh, he couldn't control himself. " how did my brother get a girlfriend, especially someone like you?" Justin cackled. "because he's a good person" i said. It wasn't just that, will had good looks, too. He had strawberry blonde hair and olive skin like justin. He was muscular because he plays football. " oh we all know that you dont love will, he's your best friend besides parker, you only said yes so you wouldn't break your friendship" justin admitted.a sudden pulse went through me and felt like my heart was getting yanked out of my chest. " justin, just leave me alone" i said.i rubb my chest and it calms down " so it's true" Justin said. " no matter how i feel about Will, i will still love him more than you if that's what you are implying" i say. " it's been a while" Justin repeats, " but you still have that fiery attitude... scarlet, my precious scar". He stares at me in a way that i cant explain. I wanted it to end." bye" i get up and make my way to the door, the lobby started to fill with people. " see you in class" justin grimaces. " No you wont, i'm a freshman!" i correct him. " so?" he runs after me. I didnt wan tto see him, go near him, but little did i think that i would need him.. very very soon.