A Cup Of Sugar || Jin One Shot

"Jin-ah!" I shouted from the kitchen. "Are you going to help me with this cake or not? It certainly isn't going to bake itself!" In seconds the man of my dreams was leaning against the doorway to the kitchen. He had smile on his face, the kind of smile that made my flutter in my chest. He blew me one of his famous kisses and couldn't stop a smile from spreading across my face.

"Of course I'm going to help you," he said as walked over to me. He kissed my cheek and smirked. "I can't trust you to make such a cake by yourself."

I gave him a light shove and he laughed. "Rude!" I rolled my eyes. "I can cook!"

"You can follow instructions," Jin teased. "That's not cooking." He tried to kiss me but I pushed him away playfully. "Babe!" He pouted.

"You said I couldn't cook! That wasn't very nice!" I crossed my arms over my chest. "No kiss for you."

Jin sighed dramatically and grabbed some of the ingredients for the cake from the cabinet above him. "Are you still gonna bake this with me?" He gave me a hopeful smile.

"Only so that I can prove to you that I can cook," I said walking back over to him. I grabbed a measuring cup from a drawer and turned to face Jin. "We'll need this."

"We'll also need a mop," Jin said matter-of-factly.

I raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

He smirked. "This." Jin quickly grabbed the bag of flower and tossed it at me. A giant white puff of smoke flew out and I was covered from head to toe in the white powder.

I gasped. "You little-"

Jin cut me off by pulling me toward him and pressing his lips to mine. All the fight I had in me just melted away and found myself kissing him back. This man could make me as angry as he wanted to and all he would have to do is kiss me to calm me down. No one had ever had such an effect on me before. "That was for rejecting my other kiss," he whispered in my ear.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him again. He slipped on the slick floor and fell onto his back, covering his backside with flower. I laughed and pointed at him when he pulled me down into the floor with him. "Hey!"

He smiled and pulled me closed to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Babe, there's a mess in the floor." We both laughed and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my forehead and then my nose. "Guess we have some cleaning to do."

"This is your mess," I reminded him. I tapped his nose with my finger. "But since I love you I'll help you clean it." We got up and grabbed some cleaning supplies. Jin swept while I started cleaning the counter. He was humming a song I didn't recognize, and when I looked over at him he seemed to be in another world. That man could make any place his personal stage and I loved it. I giggled he danced around the kitchen with the broom. "You and that broom are getting pretty friendly," I said with a laugh. "Do I have some competition?"

Jin smiled and placed a kiss on my lips. "No one compares to you, love."

We each finished cleaning and finally starting making the cake. After we had mixed most of the ingredients together Jin paused. "Why do I feel like we're missing something?" Jin asked. He scratched his head in thought.

I pulled up the recipe on my phone and scrolled through it. "Well you see if you follow the instructions," I teased. "You'll realize that you need a cup of sugar." I stuck my tongue out at him playfully and grabbed some sugar. I carefully measured out a cup and poured it into the batter. I started cleaning the dishes as Jin mixed the batter up, poured it into the pan, and put it in the oven.

"I guess following the instructions isn't so bad," he rolled his eyes and smiled at me. "Thanks, Babe. You saved the cake." He hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek. "Now ignore the dishes and come cuddle with me."

I laughed. "If I don't do them now we'll never do them and you know it."

He pulled me toward him slowly. "Please," he begged. "I promise I'll do them tonight. It's raining outside. You know I love to cuddle while it rains."

I couldn't help but smile. "Okay, Okay," I relented and dried my hands. Jin led me to our room and pulled me into the bed with him. I giggled and snuggled up to him as he wrapped his arms around me. We both laid their quietly for a moment and listened to the pitter patter of the rain against the roof. It's like it was beating a rhythm to its own song. Jin was humming along to it softly. I had never felt more st peace than I did in this moment.

"I love you," he whispered to me. He placed a kiss on the top of my head. "I love that you'll listen to the rain with me. I love that you cook with me." He paused. "If you can call it cooking." He chuckled and ran his fingers through my hair. He looked down at me and leaned forward so that our foreheads touched. "You mean everything to me."

I blushed and kissed his lips softly, relishing their softness and sweet taste. "I love you too. You were the missing part of my life. The missing part of my recipe. Like that cup of sugar." We both laughed and he tightened his arms around me. The smell of the cake loomed through the house and we stayed in the bed listening to the rain while it cooked. Jin started humming that song again softly and the sound of his sweet voice lulled me to sleep. I know I slept with a smile on my face. He made me the happiest woman alive.