When You're Home || Jin One Shot

I smiled over at Jin, the love of my life, as we walked hand in hand down the sidewalk in our favorite park. I couldn't believe it when I had woken up this morning to the sound of a key unlocking my door. Jin was always gone on tours or working in the studio that I hardly ever saw him, but today, on Valentine's Day he was home. I had never been happier. I had never minded when he had to leave. I knew what I was getting into when he asked me out, but it was only natural that I missed him terribly when I went to sleep at night alone.

I was sipping on some lemonade that we had bought from a little girl with a lemonade stand a few moments before. It had made her so happy when we stopped in front of her stand. As if reading my mind, Jin handed the little girl two dollars and she happily handed us two cups. It was a little too sweet, but it made her so happy to see someone drinking her lemonade that it was worth every sip.

As we walked, a small ball came rolling our way. Jin stopped to pick it up, and seconds later a young boy came trotting over to us looking for his ball. With a big smile Jin tossed the ball to him, and he gave us a big smile that showed every tiny tooth he currently had in his mouth. My heart fluttered at the sight. Jin had always been so great with children, and every time I saw him interact with them I couldn't help but feign at the sight.

When Jin walked back over to me he interlocked our fingers once again. He raised an eyebrow at me, and I realized I was staring. A small blush crept on cheeks and covered my face with my free hand. "It's just so adorable to see you with children," I said to him softly and we continued our walk. The entire park was decorated with hearts and flowers for Valentine's Day and it was truly beautiful.

"Maybe one day we'll have some of our own," Jin said and kissed my cheek. "Come on, I want to show you something."

I followed Jin to a small amphitheater that resided on the far end of the park. Only a few other people were around. They all appared to be other couples who were just enjoying the surprisingly warm day. My eyes went wide when I saw all the equipment on the stage. "W-what is this?" I asked him.

He smirked and sat me down on one of the of benches closest to the stage. "You'll see," he whispered before walking onto the stage. He was soon joined by the rest of his friends, and members of BTS. I gasped and covered my mouth in shock as the music to I Need You started to play. The boys started singing and dancing and I could feel happy tears running down my cheeks. Jin's eyes never left mine the entire time and I had the biggest smile on my face.

Every note, every move, every moment was absolutely perfect. I was watching my favorite song be performed for me, and only me by the one group of people I loved more than anything in the world. How did I get so lucky?

As the song came to a close, a small crowd had started to form when they heard the singing. Several people clapped and Jin made his way to me and pulled me up on the stage with him. I beamed up at him and kissed the tears away from my cheeks. "Happy Valentine's Day, Venus," he whispered in my ear. "I know I'm away all the time, and it isn't fair to you, but I want you to know that I love you."

I pressed my lips to his and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Jin, I don't care how long your gone so long as you always come home."

"I'll always come find you," Jin said. His eyes sparkling as he did so. "Venus," he said and my eyes met his. I could see a hint of nervousness in them. He took my hand and knelt down on one knee. I gasped and more tears flooded my face. "Venus, you are everything to me. You have been nothing but patient, kind, and loving. You know my every secret and my every desire. You are the one consistent thing if a life filled with inconsistency. You are my rock. You are my home." He pulled out a small black box and we he opened it a beautiful blue diamond ring was resting comfortably on the inside. "Would you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

I was speechless, so all I could do was nod my head quickly. Jin took the ring and slid it easily onto my finger before engulfing me in a hug. The sweet scent of his cologne surrounded me and I had never felt more safe and warm. I looked up at him and in seconds his lips were on mine and my hands were tangled in his hair. It was like the entire world had disappeared and it was just him and I in a world of our own.

When he pulled away he looked down at me with the biggest smile I had ever seen. He brushed a strand of hair from my eyes and kissed my tear stained cheeks. "Thank you," he said softly. "Thank you for being you. Thank you for loving me."

I interlocked his fingers with mine and smiled back at him. "You are everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. I love you more than anything in the world."

Jin wrapped his arm arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head. "Let's go home." And we walked back through the park hand in hand with all the other couples. Nothing could wipe the smile off my face.