Inspired || Yoongi One Shot

Wendy was stretched out on the couch and was happily listening to Yoongi play the piano in the other room. She didn't recognize the song, but it was beautiful nonetheless.

"Babe?" She heard him call for her, so she got up and walked over to where he was in the house. When she walked in he smiled at her. "I thought you were still here." He reached his arms out toward her; she walked over to him and allowed him to pull her into his lap.

"I'm always here," she said with a smile. "You're the one who's gone a lot." She tapped his nose and kissed his cheek.

"I've been working on something special," he pointed out.

"Something special that I can't hear?" Wendy raised an eyebrow at him. "You always give me sneak peeks of what you're working on."

"Company is really coming down on us about that," he said softly in her ear. "But you'll be the first person to hear it, I promise." He pressed his lips to her forehead.

"I love you, Min Yoongi," Wendy said softly.

"And I love you too." He smiled up at her. "We should probably get ready for the Christmas party."

Wendy nodded and got up from his lap. Yoongi intertwined their fingers and pulled her into him. She giggled and hit him with her free hand. "Come on we have to get ready!" She pulled him into their bedroom and tried to let go of his hand. "Babe!" She cried when he wouldn't let her go. He turned her to face him and gave her a devilish smirk.

"I don't think I'm ready to let you go," He whispered in her ear. A shiver went down her spine and she looked up at him nervously. "You. Are. Mine." He reminded her before pressing his lips to hers and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Wendy felt her knees get weak and butterflies went crazy in her stomach. He was always doing this to her: making her go crazy with want for him, but she didn't care. She loved how he made her feel.

When he pulled away, Wendy was out of breath. She sat down on the bed for a moment, and he went about the room started to get ready. "I swear, Yoongi," she said under her breath. "You're gonna be the death of me."

Once they were finally ready, they heard the doorbell ring. Wendy happily skipped to the door and smiled as she opened it and saw all the guys and their dates. Everyone exchanged hugs and made their way into the living room.

"It's so good to see you both," Namjoon said as gave Wendy a quick hug. "Thanks for hosting."

Wendy beamed at him. The Christmas party had been her idea, she wanted to hang out with everyone before they all left to visit family for the Holiday.

Yoongi walked over to Jungkook and whispered something in his ear. Jungkook nodded and went over to talk to Wendy so she wouldn't see where he was going.

"Wendy," Jungkook said happily. He gave her a big hug. "You have a beautiful home."

"Thanks kookie," she replied happily as she sipped her champagne. "I'm glad everyone could make it." She looked around the room and noticed Yoongi was nowhere in sight. She furrowed her brow and looked up at Jungkook. "Have you seen my boyfriend?"

Jungkook shrugged and gave her a smirk just as music began to play from the other room. He grabbed Wendy's hand and led in there, and everyone else followed behind. Wendy didn't recognize the song he was playing but gasped when she saw her name at the top of his sheet music.

Yoongi couldn't help but smile when he heard Wendy's reaction. He had hoped she would be surprised. Figuring out the perfect gift for her this Christmas has been the most difficult task he had ever faced. Wendy deserved the world, and he wanted to make her happy.

Wendy already loved the song, but was completely blown away when Yoongi started sing. She had heard him sing a few times here and there, but it wasn't something he did very often. She felt her heart flutter in her chest and happy tears rolled down her cheeks. She had the biggest smile on her face and this night couldn't get any better.

Until it did.

When Yoongi finished the song, Wendy had her head buried in her hands. She was trying to wipe her tears away when he grabbed her hand and got down on one knee.

Wendy froze. It was like time completely stood still. Yoongi smiled up at her, and gave her hand a light squeeze. "You have been there for me through everything, Wendy," He said proudly. "I know I can be a handful, but even when I pushed you away you only came back tougher and stronger than before. You understand that music is my number one passion and you let me share my love for it with you." In that moment, there was no one else in the house but Yoongi and her. "You have been my source of inspiration for some time now," he said softly. "I never wanted to admit it because people can leave you and I didn't know what I'd do if I lost both you and my inspiration to write music." He pulled a little black box out of his pocket and Wendy gasped. When he opened it up a little diamond ring was sitting in the center. "Wendy I don't want to ever be without you. Will you continue to inspire me? Will you," His voice broke and he took a deep breath. "Will you marry me."

Wendy burst into more tears as she nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck. He slid the ring onto her finger and pressed his lips to hers. The entire room erupted in applause and everyone cheered. When Wendy pulled away her eyes met Yoongi's and they both smiled. He had always made her the happiest woman in the world. She had always been an inspiration to him.

Yoongi was thrilled that she said yes. Just one look in her eyes and all his fears and nerves melted away. He kissed her forehead and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. Today, he was the happiest he had ever been and he would never forget it. He never forget the day this beautiful woman promised to be with him for the rest of their lives.

Now, he'd always be inspired.