Perfect || Hoseok One Shot

I ran out the gymnasium crying that night. I had finally had enough, and I couldn't take it anymore. I had always thought I was strong, but in that moment, standing in that parking lot I had never felt so weak. I had no idea that people could be so cruel. I was covered in some kind of liquid, I hoped it was water, but I had no idea what it was. My dress was ruined, my makeup was ruined, everything was ruined. Honestly, I didn't even know why I went to that stupid dance in the first place.

When I got inside my car, I slammed the door shut and curled up into a ball. I still couldn't believe it. They called my name for prom queen, my name. I was on cloud nine, it was the happiest moment of my life. Me, the school nerd, prom queen. It was a dream of mine that I never expected see come true. I stood there next to the prom king, Jung Hoseok, with the biggest smile on my face. The next thing I knew I was drenched, and everyone was laughing. Even my so-called friends were doubled over and out of breath. Tears were burning in my eyes and I just started running. I didn't stop until I reached my car.

I wiped my eyes and stared at the large amount of makeup that had come off on my hands. I could only imagine what my face looked like. I couldn't even look at myself in the rear view mirror. I felt defeated. I took a deep breath and started the car, music started playing in the background and just as I was about to cut it off someone knocked on my window.

I looked up to see Hoseok standing in front of my window. He motioned for me to open the door and after a moment of hesitation, I did. "W-what?" I asked bitterly.

He gave me a soft smile and handed me a flower from behind his back. "I'm sorry that they did this to you," he said softly. "That wasn't right."

I was still shaking, but I managed to take the flower from him. It was beautiful pink rose, and I couldn't believe he was giving it to me. Part of my was skeptical about his random act of kindness. He had never spoken to me before. "Thanks," I whispered. "I should go now."

"But we haven't danced," he said as he took a step toward me. "The prom king and queen are supposed to dance." He held out his hand. "Please?"

"B-but," I couldn't figure out what to say. I couldn't believe this was happening. "I don't even know how to dance."

He gave me a big smile. "Luckily I do. Just follow my lead."

I found myself putting my hand in his. I was surprised by how warm they were considering how cold it was outside. I carefully stepped out the car and he pulled me toward him placing his other hand in the middle of my back.

The music from my car was loud enough that we could hear it from where we were standing. And after I was on my feet, Hoseok started dancing slowly. I kept my eyes down at my feet because I didn't want him to see my makeup running.

"You're really pretty you know," he said softly after a moment. He took his hand and tilted my chin up so that my eyes met his. "I've always thought that."

I blushed, and I could feel tears burning in my eyes. "You're just saying that to make me feel better."

He shook his head and wiped a few stray tears away from my eyes. "I'm serious. You are beautiful. I've always wanted to talk to you, but I never knew what to say. How am I supposed to just strike up a conversation with the smartest girl in school?"

I couldn't keep the smile from spreading across my face. "R-really?"

He nodded and brushed one of my wet strands of hair out of my face. "You are perfect. I'm so sorry that they did this to you. I had no idea."

"I wasn't even going to come," I muttered. "I don't know why I did."

"I'm glad you did," Hoseok said to me. "I feel terrible that this happened, but if it hadn't I wouldn't be dancing with you now." He twirled me in a circle and pulled me into him even more. When I looked into his eyes I just knew he was being honest with me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he rested his hands on my waist.

"I'm glad I'm dancing with you," I whispered. "I-I always liked you."

His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when I said that, and I felt my heart skip a beat. "So," He said nervously, biting his lip. "That being the case. Would you go on a date with me?"

It was like the entire world was standing still. I couldn't believe my ears. The boy I had been crushing on for years was asking me on a date. I had the biggest smile on my face. "Yes," I said happily. "Yes of course!"

Hoseok leaned in closer to me and lightly pressed his lips to mine and it was like fireworks were going off inside of me. I had never been happier than I was in that moment. He pulled away first and smiled down at me. I rested my head on his chest and he tightened his arms around my waist. We continued to dance in the dark parking lot, the only light being a single street lamp a few steps away. Hoseok was humming along to the music playing from my car. I could've stayed this way forever. Suddenly, I wasn't upset anymore, and I was so glad I had gone to that stupid dance. On the outside, I knew I looked like a mess, but in that moment, standing in that parking lot, I had never felt more perfect.