Just Breath || Taehyung One Shot

The practice room was filled with the sounds of Liv's deep breathing, and the sounds of her feet as the hit the slick black floor.

 1...2...3...Turn...Cross...Leap

Over and over and over again she ran the same sequence until it was utter perfection. It was just her, the music, and the mirror. She watched herself carefully as she extended her leg, being triple sure her foot was pointed.

Every muscle aches, as she continues to push herself. Five minutes quickly became ten. She didn't even need the music at this point it had been ingrained in her mind. She knew the steps. This much was obvious, but that wasn't the point.

"Why am I not surprised to find you here?"

Liv jumped and looked up into the mirror. A soft smile appeared on her face. "Tae," she said softly. "What are you doing here?"

He walked over and placed a kiss on her cheek. "I came to see you, don't you know what today is?"

Liv shrugged. "Wednesday? Why?"

Tae sighed and shook his head. "No, love. It's Valentine's Day." He handed her a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. "I figured you forgot."

Liv's eyes went wide and she gave him an apologetic look. "Tae, I'm so-"

"It's okay," he said cutting her off. "It's fine."

Liv shook her head and took his hands. "No it isn't. I'm so sorry. I've been so wrapped up in getting this dance right for the showcase this weekend that I've stop taking the time to think about you."

Taehyung gave her a weak smile and cupped her cheek. "I'm not upset," he assured her. "I could never be. You're such a hard worker. You won't stop until everything is perfect. It doesn't matter how long it takes or how hard it is. I've always admired your determination."

"Tae," she said softly.

He brushed a strand of hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. "Liv, I love how determined you are. I love how wrapped up in a project you get. You're going to be so successful one day, and I couldn't be more proud of you." He kissed the backs of her hands. "You're inspiring to watch, but everyone needs a break."

Liv looked up into his eyes. "I'm afraid I won't be good enough," she admitted.

"You've got this," he reminded her. "You've put in the work now it's time to trust yourself and relax. Let's just have fun together, Liv."

She chewed her lip nervously, but eventually nodded. "You're right. Let's go."

Taehyung took her to a small restaurant after she showered and got dressed. The only rule was that they weren't going to talk about the showcase this weekend. Taehyung wanted the night to be about them and them only.

Liv tossed her head back as she laughed. "Do you remember the time you and I almost got in trouble for sneaking onto that playground at night?" Taehyung nodded and chuckled himself. "We weren't even doing anything illegal," she said. "We just didn't want to be in our dorms." She laughed again and blushed when she realized Taehyung was staring at her. "What?" She asked.

Taehyung smiled. "You're adorable when you laugh," he said with a smirk causing her to blush even more.

After they left the restaurant, Liv and Taehyung went back to his apartment and cuddled up on the couch while eating ice cream and watching a movie. "You wanna know what I love about us?" Taehyung asked.

Liv raised an eyebrow. "What?"

He placed a soft kiss of her lips. "We enjoy the little things," he explained. "We don't go to big fancy restaurants. We go to the small ones no one has ever heard of. We're perfectly fine eating ice cream out of the tub with two spoons while watching a really crappy comedy movie." Taehyung laughed. "We don't unrealistically high expectations for each other."

Liv smiled up at him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're adorable," she told him and scrunched up her nose when he kissed it. "You wanna know what I love about us?"

"What?"

"We understand each other," I said softly as I interlocked our fingers. "We're like two parts of the same whole."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around her and placed another kiss on her lips. "Thank you," he said softly and nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck. "Thank you for being you." He placed soft kisses on her jawline and she giggled in response. "Thank you for being so sweet, and so perfect."

Liv rolled her eyes. "I'm not even close to perfect," she said.

"You are to me."

Liv was trying to take slow deep breaths as she waited to go on stage. She had finally turned away after a few minutes, unable to watch the girl going before her. Her hands were shaking and she could feel the nerves eating away at her stomach as she went over the steps in her mind again and again.

 1...2...3...Turn...Cross...Leap

She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "It's me," cam Taehyung's soft, deep voice. She turned around and gave him a weak smile. "You got this," he told her and gave her a thumbs up.

"I don't think I do," Liv said softly.

Taehyung cupped both of her cheeks with his hands. "I believe in you," he told her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. "I'll be front and center. Just keep your eyes on me."

The audience erupted in applause and Liv frantically turned to the stage. She tried to stay calm as she begun to walk out.

"Hey!" Taehyung called. She turned around to look at him one last time. "Just breathe," he told her and blew her a kiss before running out to his seat.

Liv took a deep breath and walked out ontot he stage. The audience got quiet again and scanned the crowd until her eyes fell upon Taehyung. Front and center, just like he said he would be.

The music started and Liv felt her stomach churn as she started the routine. Just as she was turning around her eyes met Taehyung's once again and she could hear his voice in her head as she continued the routine.

 1...2...3...Turn...Cross...Leap

Liv mentally reminds herself that she can do this, and lets herself go. The music fills her every limb as she tells her story. She prepares for the most important move of the entire dance and although she is beyond nervous she feels no fear because she can Taehyung smiling from ear to ear.

 Just breathe.