Sit Still, Look Pretty || Namjoon One Shot

I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed. This was the final straw; I have had it with the entire company I worked for. The way they all looked me up and down; they way they all acted like I was some kind of airhead when I had the most intelligence in the room. I was smarter than all of them combined and I had a multitude of degrees to prove it. I glared over at my boss, "What did you say to me?" I asked, hoping I had heard him incorrectly.

"Why don't you sit over there and do your job," he said snarkily. "Just look pretty. The face of the company doesn't talk."

I threw my files down on the desk. "I quit," I said lowly. Everyone's eyes flew up to me. "Yeah, you heard me. I'm done with this. Good luck because I won't be here to save your company the next time it goes under." I grabbed my bag and walked right out the doors. They called after me, but I ignored them. I was better than this. I was valuable. They needed to see that. I didn't know what I was going to do about work, but quite frankly I didn't care. Anything was better than that stifling environment.

I let out a sigh as I fell into my couch. I glanced over at the photos on the mantel. My boyfriend and I, Kim Namjoon, looked as happy as ever in every single one. They made me smile, but they also reminded me that he was never here. If he wasn't on tour then he was at an interview or a photoshoot. He was the leader of BTS, a rather famous k-pop group. And believe me I was proud of him, but having to spend so much time alone sucked.

Especially today. Today was Valentine's Day. It was Valentine's Day, I had quit my job, and I was sitting in my large apartment alone. I picked up one of the photos on the coffee table and glanced over it. My heart fluttered at just seeing a photo of him.

"You're home early," came a familiar voice and I heard the front door shut. He tried to hide the bouquet of orange flowers behind his back.

My eyes went wide and I quickly got up and threw my arms around Namjoon's neck. He handed me the flowers and I inhaled their sweet scent before putting them in a vase. I walked back over to him and intertwined our hands. He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I smiled up at him and gave him a tight hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I was going to get ready for the surprise date I'm taking you on." He smiled at me and cupped my cheek with his hand. A deep chuckle escaped his lips when he saw the surprised expression on my face. "Y/N," he said. "Did you really think I wasn't going to be here for Valentine's Day?"

"You're just so busy," I told him. "I wasn't expecting it." We both walked into the living room and cuddled up on the couch.

"So why are you home so early?" Namjoon asked. A concerned look came over his face when I frowned. "Is everything okay?"

"I quit my job," I informed him. His eyes went wide. "I know," I said. "I just couldn't do it anymore. Those guys are so infuriating. They act like just because I'm a girl means that I don't know what I'm doing. It's like they've completely forgotten that I'm the one who saved their asses when the company was about to go over." I sighed and shook my head. "What am I gonna do now?"

"Why don't you start your own business?" Namjoon asked. "You're capable of it that's for sure."

"Do you really think I could?" I asked him. "I'm not sure."

"Y/N," he said and wrapped an arm around me. "You can do anything you set your mind to. I believe in you. Now let's get ready for tonight hmm?"

[BC] 3 Hours Later, Namjoon's POV

"You look beautiful," I told her as she took a seat across from me. She had her hair in curls exactly how I liked it. She knew exactly what I loved about her and how to accent it in the most perfect way. I gave her a sincere smile and took her hand in mine.

She giggled and covered her face to hide the blush creeping across her cheeks. I loved how nervous she would get whenever I complimented her. It was one of the millions of things I loved about her. She was so modest. "Thank you, Joonie," she said with a smile.

I had decided to take her out to her favorite restaurant. It was a small place that was next to a giant lake. I knew she loved to watch the way the moon shone and caused the water to sparkle. She'd smile at me everytime she caught me staring at her, but I couldn't help it. We hardly ever had time to visit one another since I was always gone. She always told me it was okay, but I knew she hated me being gone so much. We both knew I was leaving again as soon as the night was over, but this time I had a surprise.

"At first I was upset that I quit," Y/N said softly. "But I realize now that maybe I can make it on my own. My own company," she let her voice trail off. "Thanks for believing in me." She brushed her hair out of her eyes and looked up at me. "Too bad you're leaving again. I could use more of your inspiration."

"Well," I said to her. "What if I told you that you could come with me this time?" A smirk formed on my lips as her lips formed into a round, surprised "o" shape. I nodded at her. "I got it approved; you could travel with us for this tour."

"How?" I asked excitingly.

"Well our liaison is out on maternity leave, and I remembered how good you were with the press when you fixing the company you now no longer work for." I took her hands and kissed them. "You can work for us while we're on this tour. And you can use the downtime to think about your own business. Also, I can help you with funding to get everything started." I gave her a wink.

The biggest smile spread across her face and she jumped up out of her chair and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and placed a soft kiss on her lips. I loved how soft they felt against my own: so sweet and delicate. When she pulled away she touched our foreheads together. "Joonie, thank you so much," she said softly. "You've always believed in me. You've always rooted for me. You've never told me to shut and smile. You've always encouraged me to put myself out there and show the world how smart I can be. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Y/N, Happy Valentine's Day."

She didn't stop smiling for the rest of the night.