I Waited || Taehyung One Shot

~Taehyung~

I knew I was late. For the third time this week I was late, and I knew that Caitlin would be furious. She had every right to be. All she wanted was to spend time with me, and work always kept me away. She deserved so much better than that, I honestly had no clue why she stayed with me.

When I made my way into the house she was nowhere in sight. I started to worry; I don't know what I'd do if she ever actually left me. As I walked through the living room, I noticed a light outside and breathed a sigh of relief. When I walked out there, there she was. She was curled up on a blanket. My heart ached as I got closer. Caitlin had set up a picnic for us for dinner. I looked at the layout: a basket, candles, and set out to the side were strawberries. I looked her in disbelief, she was perfect.

I knelt down beside her and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. She immediately stirred underneath me, she had always been a light sleeper. She looked up at me and a soft smile spread across her face. "You're home," she said quietly. She sat up on her arms and placed her lips on mine softly. Her hand brushed against my cheek and I felt my heart flutter in my chest. "You're late," she whispered when she pulled away.

I nodded sadly. "I'm so sorry, baby. Work just-"

She placed her finger over my lips and shook her head. "I'm not upset," she told me. I gave her a confused look and she continued. "Kim Taehyung, yes you are late," she paused for a moment and then added, "again." I frowned and she gave me a soft smile. "Do you remember how we met?"

"I literally ran into you, and spilled coffee all over your dress," I said carefully. I wasn't entirely sure where she was going with this.

Her smile widened. "You were in such a rush that you told me to wait for you right there a the coffee shop and you'd be back to give me a proper apology in an hour." She took my hand in hers and rubbed the back of her thumb over my knuckles. "You came back three hours later, but I waited for you."

"I never understood why you waited," I said to her as I kissed her hands.

"Because the minute my eyes met yours I knew you were the one," she said happily. "I knew that if I just waited for you that you'd be back. And you did come back. That's all I needed to know. So I will always wait for you." She kissed my cheek and picked up a strawberry. "Now are you going to mope around or are you going to help me with these?" A smirk spread across my face and quickly took the strawberry from her with my mouth. She narrowed her eyes at me before throwing her head back as she laughed. "That was mine," she said to me as she pulled what was left of the strawberry from my mouth.

"Well here," I leaned toward her. "I'm willing to share." Instantly, my lips were against hers and I wrapped my arms around her. She had always tasted sweet whenever I kissed her, and I couldn't get enough of her soft lips against mine. She was my drug, and I was addicted. When I pulled away from her, she blushed and had the biggest smile on her face.

"I might just love you, Taehyung," she said to me as she picked u a strawberry and ate it carefully.

I pulled her into my lap and nuzzled my head in the crook of her neck. "I might just love you too, Caitlin." She chuckled and I tighten my grip around her waist.

We sprawled out on the blanket and continued to feed each other strawberries for most of the night. She asked me about work and I loved how intently she listened as I explained everything we had to do. I knew she didn't know much about the technical side to music, but she would always give me all of her focus and attention when I tried to explain how everything worked.

She told me about her day, and I loved how excited she got as she talked about the animals she saw at the shelter she visited several times a week. "They are all so sweet, Tae," she said. "I just wish they would get adopted into a loving home." She picked up the last strawberry and handed it to me. "Do you want it?" She asked me.

I shook my head. "You take it." I couldn't help but smile at how cute she looked as she took a bite of the fruit. A bit of juice dribbled down to her chin and she giggled as she tried to wipe it away, but I took her hand to stop her. She looked up at me, and I smirked before leaning forward and placing a kiss where the juice had ran down. "Mm," I said softly. "It's almost as delicious as you."

If Caitlin's face could have gotten any redder it did in that moment and I chuckled. I loved seeing her get embarrassed. Watching a blush creep across her cheeks was one of the most adorable things there was about her. She stuck her tongue out at me and got up to stretch. "Tae, I'm sleepy," she said as she reached for me. I stood up and pulled her into me, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Let's go to bed, babe." I led her into our room and we both changed and got into the bed. She snuggled into my arms and rested her head on my chest. I knew if she was listening she would hear my heart racing in my chest. There was something about this girl that made me go crazy, and I loved every minute of it. "Caitlin," I whispered softly.

"Mmmhmm," she said softly, almost asleep.

"Thanks for waiting for me," I said softly.

She smiled up at me. "I will always wait for you, love."

I had never slept better than I did that night with her in my arms.