I Promise || Taehyung One Shot

The best part of Saturday mornings is waking up to the love of my life, Kim Taehyung, singing in the shower. That man would give you a whole concert while getting fresh and clean and I thought it was the most adorable thing in the world.

I glanced over at the clock and realized that it was still pretty early. I had no interest in leaving the comfy bed, so instead of getting up I snuggled deeper into the covers as I heard the shower cut off. A few seconds later, Taehyung walked out of the bathroom in a T-shirt and shorts. He smiled at me and dried his wet hair some with a towel before hopping next to me and kissing my nose. "Good morning, angel," he said to me sweetly. "How'd you sleep?"

I smiled back at him. "Like a baby." I scrunched my nose up at him and giggled. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Just wanted to go ahead and wake up, so I can spend time with you." He tapped my nose got under the covers with me.

"We have all day together silly," I said. I sat up and stretched my arms. "What's the rush?"

Taehyung's facial expression changed and he bit his lip nervously. "Well-"

"We don't have all day together do we?" I frowned at him "what's changed?"

"I have to go in to work," he said and reached for me as I scowled and got up out the bed. "They want us to record the vocals for a song over again."

I ran my hand through my hair and stared out the window. "It's always something," I muttered bitterly. "They see you more than I do." I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed. I felt Taehyung walk up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry, love," he said softly. He kissed the back of my head. "I know I promised today would be for us."

"I don't know why I expected it to actually happen," I didn't mean for it to sound so cold, but I was tired of never getting to actually follow through with plans. "How long do we have?"

He paused and sighed. "About two hours."

I pushed away from him. "Excuse me? Two hours? How long have you known about this?"

"They called me this morning," Taehyung insisted. "I just found out. Babe, I'm sorry." He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him. "I'm sorry," he said again. I knew he was, and I knew this is what I had signed up for. But it still hurt.

"I know you are," I said after a moment of silence. "It just sucks." I let out a soft sigh and put on my best smile. "Let's enjoy what we have then."

Taehyung squeezed my hand and gave me a sad smile. He brushed a strand of my hair out of my face gently. "I'm so sorry," he said again. "I love you."

"I love you too." I pressed my lips to his and felt his arms tighten around me. Our bodies practically melted together and I wanted nothing more than to stay like this with him. "Let's watch a movie," I said when I pulled away from him. He nodded silently at me and I led the way into the living room.

Taehyung stretches out in the couch as I got everything set up and started the movie. Once I was done he stretched his arms out, beckoning me to join him. I chuckled and allowed him to pull me into him. I loved the warm feeling I got when he engulfed me in his arms. He made me feel so safe.

I knew I couldn't be mad at him for having to work so much. He was a perfectionist, and he'd never leave a project unfinished. I honestly admire that about him. He was so determined and put in a hundred percent no matter what the task at hand is.

"Whatcha thinking about," Taehyung asked me as he nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. "Because it certainly isn't the movie."

I smiled and intertwined our fingers together. "Just you," I said softly. "How much I love and admire you."

He kissed my cheek. "I don't deserve you," he said his voice trailing off. He rubbed his thumb over my hand gently and traced circles on my back with his free hand. "You deserve someone who's there for you more."

I sat up and turned to face him with a frown. "I don't want anyone but you," I said sternly. "I know I get upset sometimes, but I wouldn't trade the few moments I have with you for the world." I cupped his cheek with my hand and kissed his lips lightly. "You are everything to me," I reminded him. "Everything."

He gave me a tight hug and single tear rolled down his cheek. "You are the best thing that ever happened to me, my love." He gave me a big box smile and pulled me as close to him as he could. We sat that way quietly. The only noise was the movie playing in the background but neither of us paid it any attention. I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat.

Taehyung ran his fingers through my hair and hummed softly. "Why don't you come with me," he said suddenly.

I looked up at him with wide eyes. "W-what?"

"Come with me to work," he said again. "You can meet the guys and see what we do. They've been dying to meet you." He looked down at me with hopeful eyes. "What do you say?"

I chewed my lip nervously. "Tae, I'm not sure. I don't want you to feel like you have to-"

"I want to," he persisted. "But only if you want to."

After a moment of thought I nodded. "Sure," I said. "I'll go with you." I hopped up from the couch. "I have to find something to wear!" I smiled up at him and he bent down and placed a kiss on my lips. Butterflies went crazy in my stomach.

"You'll look great no matter what. I'm so glad you're coming!" He said as he pulled away. He followed me into our room and leaned against the door frame. He laughed as I made a mess trying to find something to wear. "You always looks amazing," he reminded me.

"I just want them to like me," I said as I got dressed.

"They're gonna love you," he insisted. "And you're gonna have a great time, I promise."