Finally || A Yoongi One Shot

~Yoongi~

Have you ever had a best friend, who is just perfect in every way? A best friend who is always there no matter what? A best friend who will help you hide a body and not ask you any questions? A best friend who was as loyal as they came? That was Sunny. I knew that if I needed her at three in the morning I could call her and she'd be at my house in a flash. I knew this because it's happened, and it's happened more than once. Actually, it has happened five times.

I have nightmares: terrible, awful, incredibly real nightmares. Nobody ever understood how terrifying they were but Sunny. All I had to do was call and she'd be over in a flash, after the first two times I finally just gave her a copy of a key to my house. She wouldn't even say anything. She'd wrap me into one of her bear hugs that I treasured with all my heart, and we'd just sit there on my floor. We'd sit there until I stopped shaking, and then she'd make me a cup of tea. And this is what we did every time I called her at three in the morning.

After the third time, I knew I was in love with her. I don't know what changed. We had the same exact routine every time I called her, but there was something about the way she looked at me that third time when she handed me my tea. There was something about the way she hugged me. There was something about the way she curled up in my arms that night when we fell asleep. I remember laying there and watching her sleep. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, and then she snuggled closer to me and rest her head on my chest and I could feel my heart racing. She was asleep. She had no idea what she had done, but from that moment on I was head over heels for this girl.

I had waited for weeks to tell her how I felt. I had never felt this way before and I had no idea how to say it without making a fool of myself. I made it a point to be more loving whenever I was around her. I'd give her compliments out of the blue, and she would blush a light shade of pink. I loved the shy smile she got whenever I gave her a compliment. It made my heart skip a beat. I had started asking her to hang out more often; I loved getting to know her, and the more I learned about her the more I fell in love with her. I had finally decided that I would tell her on her birthday. After weeks of spending time with her I had learned that it was her least favorite day of the year because it was the same day her dad left. I wanted nothing more than to bring her a happy memory on that day.

Everything was set up and ready to go. I had invited Sunny over to hang out like usual. My nerves were running high and I had no idea how I was going to make it through my plan I kept reminding myself that I could get through it. When the doorbell rang I almost jumped out of my skin. I ran my fingers through my hair and tried to calm myself before opening the door. There she was, as beautiful as ever standing on my porch holding a bottle of champagne.

"Thought maybe this would uplift my spirits," she said sarcastically as she gestured to the bottle. She came right in and plopped down on my couch. "I left my key in the car," she said with a laugh. "Which is why I rang the doorbell."

I gave her a nod and walked over to her. I picked up a bag behind the couch, and handed it to her. "This is for you, Sunny. Happy birthday." I gave her a smile. "I hope you like it."

"I told you not to get me anything," she said, but she couldn't hide the slight smile that was forming on her lips. She kissed my cheek and quickly pulled the gift out of the bag. It was a necklace with a locket on the end of it. I watched her closely as she popped open the locket and found the picture of us inside. "This is beautiful," she said softly. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes and I immediately pulled her into a hug.

"That isn't all," I said to her. I took a deep breath as I prepared myself to tell her. "I want to tell you something. I know you aren't very fond of your birthday, Sunny. But I wanted to give you a very special memory on this day in hopes that you wouldn't hate it so much in the future. I want you to look back on this day and smile." I took her hand. "I think you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met. You have always been here for me, and I am so grateful that you are in my life."

She blushed and covered her face with hands. "Yoongi," she said softly looking between her fingers. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I love you," I admitted. "I love you and I want to be with you. I want to be the reason you smile. I want to be the reason you laugh and-" She cut me off by pressing her lips to mine, and wrapped her arms around my neck. I rested my hands on her hips and savored how soft and sweet her lips were. All my fears melted away and felt myself wrapping my arms around her and pulling her as close to me as I could.

When she pulled away she gave me a big smile. "Finally." She said happily. "I thought you'd never tell me."