Counted Days || Jin One Shot

100 tally marks on the wall.

 100 X's on the calendar.

 100 days apart.

100 days until they're together again.

Stephanie carefully crossed out the last day on her calendar with glee. In just a few short hours she would be reconnected with the love of her life once again. The waiting and anticipation had been driving her insane for the past several weeks. She knew she wouldn't sleep at all tonight. She was beyond excited. Butterflies filled her stomach as she reminisced about her time in South Korea. The month she spent there had been life changing all on its own, but meeting Jin was the icing on the cake. Stephanie never believed in love at first sight, but she couldn't deny the possibility now after falling for Jin.

Jin yawned as he stretched out on the plane. He knew he should sleep but he was too wound up with nerves. This was it. This was the last day of waiting. Once this plane landed he would be face to face with the most beautiful girl on the planet, and he couldn't believe she was real. Her month in Korea was too short, and these one hundred days had been killing him inside, but soon he'd be able to hold her in his arms again. Jin pulled out his pocket calendar and quickly crossed out the final day. He yawned again and tried to get as comfortable as possible: the faster he fell asleep the faster he'd get to see her.

Stephanie nervously twiddled her thumbs as she waited at the airport. She knew she should be excited but for some reason she felt sick to her stomach. She tried to shake it off and remind herself how much she missed Jin, but there was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind.

"Our reports say that several flights have been possibly sabotaged and are about to crash at any moment..."

Stephanie's world froze when she heard the television. Her eyes were glued to the screen as she anxiously waited for the news reporter to say the specific flight number, but he never did. She noticed a few other people around her start to get antsy as well. Everyone was so focused on the TV you could've heard a pen drop. This couldn't be happening. They had gotten so close. Their one hundred days were up and Stephanie wasn't sure she could handle an infinite amount of more days without Jin. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes and she tried to wipe them away quickly. She desperately needed the reporter to say it as a false alarm; she needed him to say a flight number for another plane, but he never confirmed or denied her greatest fear.

She nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. When she turned around all of her fears just melted away. Standing before her was Jin. Her Jin. Alive and well. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his. "I was so worried," she said as tears streamed down her face. "They said there was flight trouble and I thought-"

"Don't worry, love," Jin said. He placed his free hand on her cheek. "Everything is fine." He dropped his bag and wrapped his arms around her waist. He placed several kisses on her cheeks and nose. He couldn't get enough of her. "I missed you so much."

Stephanie smiled up at him. "I missed you too." She placed her lips on his again and relished their softness. A warm feeling spread through her like wildfire. It was extremely difficult for her to pull away. "Let's go," Stephanie said excitingly.

When they got to Stephanie's house they both collapsed in each other's arms on the couch. The TV played softly in the background but neither of them paid it any attention. They were too wrapped up in one another.

Stephanie yawned and snuggled into Jin. She rested her head on his chest and traced circles with her fingers.

"You sound tired," Jin pointed out. "Did you sleep?"

Stephanie shook her head gently. "I was too excited. I couldn't." She looked up at him and he gave her a look of disapproval. "I couldn't wait to see you," she said softly.

Jin stroked her cheek with the back of his hand. "I couldn't wait to see you either," he admitted. "But you should've gotten some rest. You should get in bed now."

"Only if you come with me," Stephanie said with a smile. "I don't want to leave your arms."

Jin chuckled to himself and scooped Stephanie up in his arms before standing up and carrying her bridal style to her bedroom. "Anything for you, princess," he said softly kissing her cheek. He laid her down gently and slid into the bed next to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. Their bodies fit together like two puzzle pieces that had been made for one another. "I am so glad I get to spend the next month here with you."

Stephanie frowned. "Then you'll have to leave again," she said sadly.

"I will," Jin replies. "But I will count the days until I can see you again. And once you're done with school maybe you could live with me." He smiled down at her.

"In Korea?" Stephanie asked with wide eyes.

Jin nodded and kissed her forehead. "If you want to. If I could I'd take you with me now."

Stephanie couldn't help but smile and nod. "I would love to," she said and pressed her lips against his gently. "I love you, Jin," she found herself saying. "I know we haven't known each other very long, but I love you."

"I love you too, Stephanie." He brushed a strand of her hair out of her eyes. "I've never met anyone like you, and there is no one I would rather wait for. No one I would rather count days with. Now go to sleep."

Stephanie closed her eyes and felt Jin pull her even closer to him. The faint smell of his cologne filled her nose and she smiled. This was exactly how she wanted to spend her thirty days with Jin: wrapped in each other's arms. She knew no amount of time could keep them apart. So long as they had time together. Besides, those were the only counted days that mattered and she was so grateful for them.