052 | Two Days

The sound of Erika's name being called out was greatly muffled.

"Erika!", a voice called out once more--it was accompanied with the concerned tone a certain android.

"Erika!", There was a second voice, followed by a third. Them sounding like her mother and Hank. The sound of ringing faded from the cave of her ears as the sounds became more audible and crisp.

"Erika?", Someone spoke softly as the young woman's eyes fluttered open. Her pupils constricted to the amount of light coming in from the window in the living room of her apartment. Her apartment? She questioned amongst the empty space in her mind.

"Sweetie! You scared us!", Erika's mother rushed in for a hug as a relieved look covered her face. Just behind Natalie stood Hank with a hand over his chin as he also bore a similar expression.

Although, the young woman was dazed accompanied by a great amount of fear in her as images of what occurred projected themselves in her mind. It was Conan no doubt, checking in on her.

Two days. As of tomorrow, she will have only two days left before she would have to meet the deadline. Erika took in a deep breath as she sat up and reoriented herself with reality.

"Did something happen? Was it another episode?", Hank asked as he looked to her--her parents wanting to know what happened to their daughter. She looked up to him and was about to nod, but immediately held up her hand to see if the blood was still there. Visible remnants of blood were indeed present, but normal, red, human blood. Erika soon shook her head and sighed.

"Yeah...umm, it was probably another episode, guess what the woman at Eversen couldn't really fix the problem...", She spoke with no hope and in down voice. This caught Connor's attention as he looked to her then processed the information as indicated by the color changes from within the primary colors displayed on his LED.

The young woman was clearly using that as an excuse to what she really saw. It was Conan, but what did not add was the blood. She knew she saw thirium on her fingers when she saw him. The very thought puzzles her to a great extent. Erika knew she saw him, but the blood it felt so real, what did this mean?

Her mother soon was near with a cup of water in hand and asked Erika to drink--for her skin looked pale and according to Connor, has become slightly dehydrated.

"Thanks mom...but I'm fine, I just...I kinda got used to having them, no big deal", she tried to play it off as if it was nothing. Hank folded his arms in an unconvinced facial expression. The three standing individuals looked to Erika with different faces, but each one translated to pure worry. Erika sighed and stared into the cup of water. Her gaze on the liquid was broken as a single tear fell from the divest of her eye and wrinkled the water's surface. Her grasp on the cup tightened and began to curl into a ball. The three people whom she loved and cared for stopped their thinking and simply hugged the young woman. She put the cup down and held onto the arm closest to her and sobbed. Emotion overwhelmed her and she just could not help it and cried. No words were needed to be spoken. Just the embrace from these three people.

All Erika could think about at that moment was how will she do this without them.

Before she could fall into another spiral of sorrow. Rizzo barked at the group of four and jumped on top of them. Panting and barking in delight of his action. The fluff ball went in to give Erika a much needed kiss on the cheek.

"Rizzooh~", Erika finally cracked a small smile and hugged her furry companion, giving him kisses on his head and back scratches.

In that moment she made a decision to keep all of them safe.

—-
Hi there~!